AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th January, 2005, 02:57 PM

X800 Vivo Question

I might be totally mad but can I use the Vivo function on my x800 to hook up my xbox or ps2 to play through my monitor?
Old 6th January, 2005, 03:19 PM
Member/Contributer

you can either using the svideo or composite inputs.
I only have experience using the composite inputs and found them not to be very good for games. For some reason they don't fill the screen and they don't seem to display all the frames as playing gran turismo doesn't looks as smooth as on a tv and it's also quite blurry
the odd thing is though putting a dvd in my ps2 gives almost the same image quality as playing it on my pc so I don't kno why it's limitted to games
I don't know if using an svideo cable would sort this or if the xbox would suffer the same problem though

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th January, 2005, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
you can either using the svideo or composite inputs.
I only have experience using the composite inputs and found them not to be very good for games. For some reason they don't fill the screen and they don't seem to display all the frames as playing gran turismo doesn't looks as smooth as on a tv and it's also quite blurry
the odd thing is though putting a dvd in my ps2 gives almost the same image quality as playing it on my pc so I don't kno why it's limitted to games
I don't know if using an svideo cable would sort this or if the xbox would suffer the same problem though
Will it auto display? I remember on my old 9800se aiw I had to select something through the wonder software just wasnt sure how this might work, think ive got a svid cable I can try
Old 6th January, 2005, 04:20 PM

Also just wondering if this thing would work?
Attached Thumbnails
X800 Vivo Question-image-274-.jpg.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	11398  
Old 6th January, 2005, 04:33 PM
Member/Contributer

thats the breakout box with composite and svideo in, my all in wonder has one and its what i used but i still had games in a box and with the poor motion quality

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th January, 2005, 04:45 PM

Quote:
thats the breakout box with composite and svideo in, my all in wonder has one and its what i used but i still had games in a box and with the poor motion quality
Strange as when I used it with my 9800 se aiw my ps2 was perfect full screen? Just wasnt sure if it will work with the x800? Ill give it a go when I get in
Old 6th January, 2005, 05:24 PM
Member/Contributer

did you use the svideo in or composite?

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 6th January, 2005, 05:29 PM

Quote:
did you use the svideo in or composite?
I think it was Svideo