AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th January, 2005, 06:52 PM

6800GT is great! :D

I fixed everything with my config and now the card is amazing!

nVIDIA's tech demos are boring though, so if you want to see something that's more interesting why not run some of ATI's tech demos on your 6800GT? That's right, it can be done

Download this. It contains a copy of 3D Analyzer ver. 2.35 and 2 files named sm2a_SushiDX.exe & sm2b_SushiDX.exe. These are patched excutables of the Ruby: Doublecross X800 tech demo (more on that later).
3D Analyzer is basically a program that runs an application with modified directx/opengl settings which you configure from the utility. It can disable some features or force them, and more importantly it can fool an application into believing that you are using a gfx card that is of a different model/brand.
This is done by specifying the Vendor and Device ID of any gfx card of your choice.

Here, we need to fool the ATI tech demos into thinking we have X800s so we type in the X800's vendor and device id's:
Vendor ID:4098
Device ID:19017

After you download your tech demo and install it on your pc run 3d analyzer. The program has 2 large buttons on the left marked SELECT and RUN. Click on SELECT to choose the exe file of the tech demo you want to run. Now look for the option 'Ruby benchmark - NV4x' and check it. Enter the Device and Vendor ID I mentioned above. Now click Run and enjoy! This applies to all tech demos on the ATI site except for Ruby: Doublecross.

If you wanna see the ATI X800 tech demo "Ruby: Doublecross" on your 6800GT copy sm2a_SushiDX.exe and sm2b_SushiDX.exe to the doublecross folder. Use 3d-analyze to run either of those exes with 'Ruby benchmark - NV4x' option checked. ATI demos on your nVidia card, how sweet is that!
Attached Thumbnails
6800GT is great! :D-atisushi00.jpg  
PC Specs:
It's Black. What more do you need to know?
3DMARK05 SCORE: 6038
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th January, 2005, 07:37 PM
Projector Wizard

Glad you got your card running well.

Thanks for the demo patching, I'm getting the demo now
X1800XT clocked to PE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th January, 2005, 08:52 AM

I found out something though,
The demos don't run with correct effects using the latest drivers. Things like shadows and motion blur are misiing or not done correctly.

Using drivers 66.51 fixes these issues, but speed goes down by 10fps. But hey, it's not exactly optimized for nvidia technology
PC Specs:
Old 19th January, 2005, 08:33 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Is running only on 6800??? I have 5900 and only 128 mb (I think it's for 256 mb cards)
Attached Thumbnails
6800GT is great! :D-ruby.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 20th January, 2005, 01:13 AM

I'm not sure but I think the beta version of 3danalyze only works with 6800 and above, because it says NV4x on the option. Try the older version - 2.34
with older detonator drivers see what happens
PC Specs: