AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th January, 2005, 06:23 AM
Member/Contributer

Fair de well my trusty steed

Just finished packing up my AIW 9800SE to send off to it's new owner, I must say it fealt an aweful lot like moving house, but the good kind of move, like when you have loud neighbours and you finally move to the country side with an acre or two for the kids to run around in and the nearest soul over a mile away and... I'm babbling.
any way who woulda thought you could get £110 for an AIW 9800SE 2nd hand certainly not me thats for sure, I was chuffed when it reached it's £75 reserve then a day later I thought I'd clicked the wrong link.
So I'm GPUless until tomorrow, unless you count my 9100 IGP.

sigh
Fare de well old boy, fair de well.
Attached Thumbnails
Fair de well my trusty steed-sold.jpg  

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th January, 2005, 08:12 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Hey keep you finger crossed maybe you'll bring some luck when I'll sell my FX 5900 !!! Good move, what will you get to replace that baby?
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th January, 2005, 08:16 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Good luck to you both! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 14th January, 2005, 08:48 AM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
what will you get to replace that baby?
If my memory is correct, it think Graham ordered a 6800
Old 14th January, 2005, 02:49 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
Just finished packing up my AIW 9800SE to send off to it's new owner, I must say it fealt an aweful lot like moving house, but the good kind of move, like when you have loud neighbours and you finally move to the country side with an acre or two for the kids to run around in and the nearest soul over a mile away and... I'm babbling.
any way who woulda thought you could get £110 for an AIW 9800SE 2nd hand certainly not me thats for sure, I was chuffed when it reached it's £75 reserve then a day later I thought I'd clicked the wrong link.
So I'm GPUless until tomorrow, unless you count my 9100 IGP.

sigh
Fare de well old boy, fair de well.
Especially when you can get them NEW for about £125 with guarantee etc! Good going!

Let us know how the 6800NU unlocking goes!

Laz.

AOA Team fah
Old 14th January, 2005, 03:44 PM
Member/Contributer

how about new for £100 from microdirect (also in manchester razorfish in case you didn't know)
and yup my gf 6800NU arrived this morning, in it went and booted fine, I need to re-install windows on that machine but you can be sure the first thing I do is unlock those pipelines fingers crossed, and toes.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 14th January, 2005, 04:48 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
how about new for £100 from microdirect (also in manchester razorfish in case you didn't know)
and yup my gf 6800NU arrived this morning, in it went and booted fine, I need to re-install windows on that machine but you can be sure the first thing I do is unlock those pipelines fingers crossed, and toes.
WOW, I forgot about Microdirect! At that price it has to be one of the best Bang For Buck cards about.

Laz.

AOA Team fah
Old 14th January, 2005, 05:11 PM
Member/Contributer

as long as the softmod works which it didn't on mine

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 14th January, 2005, 08:24 PM
Projector Wizard

Quote:
as long as the softmod works which it didn't on mine
I read a few days ago that you can use command lines with rivatuner to enable the pipelines. He commented that it was unstable using the GUI but command line operation made it work flawlessly on a 6800.
I dont know why one would be better than the other

I havent been able to find the link for you I'm afraid, but maybe theres mileage in it.
X1800XT clocked to PE
Old 14th January, 2005, 08:42 PM
Member/Contributer

that was on my 9800SE that the softmod didn't work, not tryed on my 6800 yet

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 14th January, 2005, 08:44 PM
Projector Wizard

Oh cool, good luck
X1800XT clocked to PE