AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th March, 2005, 10:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to barneygumble742 Send a message via Yahoo to barneygumble742

finally seeing the quality

for more than a year i've had the 9600xt w/ 256 mb ram (i think the extra 128 is a waste)...but only recently i started to test out the vid card with some sort of graphics intensive games (call of duty, splinter cell).

after playing for a while...i just have to say that it really kicks a&$! i'm like sooo impressed because splinter cell is my most favourite game ever and i have it on the xbox which has the nvidia chip. but i noticed that the load times are like exponentially quicker than the xbox and also just the look and feel are very detailed to the core. the game itself is exactly like it for the xbox because porting it over from xbox to pc is unbelievably easy.

i also tried UT04 over the summer and i beat it in a week. however i wasn't impressed with the game but loved the card. at first i got the card just for better benchmarking results but now playing a game and not having to worry about the load on the cpu and the overall heat makes life a whole lot easier.

so this post is really useless but i just wanted to say that now i finally understand why good vid cards are important.

barneygumble742
32in + 24in LCD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th March, 2005, 11:18 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

Xbox CPU = celeron 766
i think the nv gpu is an early gf fx or mid - late gf 4 ti
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th March, 2005, 11:27 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Geforce4 MX chip, i think. not very powerful, barely meeting DX8.1 requirements, but enough for a lowres console system. pc's just need better becasue of the higher resolutions of monitors.
Old 30th March, 2005, 01:17 AM
Projector Wizard

The XBox GPU is a hybrid of the Geforce 3 card.
Its power lies somewhere between a Geforce3 and a Geforce 4.
X1800XT clocked to PE