AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th April, 2005, 08:46 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Catalyst 5.4 Released Today!

As always, as soon as it's out, my post appears.

Get your copy HERE.

CHANGELOG:
Quote:
* 3DMark2001: A black screen is no longer displayed when launching 3DMark2001 after launching Aquamark3 when the CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER is installed
* Pacific Fighters: Playing the game after playing any track for a short period of time and having the landscape detail set to perfect no longer results in the clouds becoming blocking when flying
* Sail Simulator 4: Attempting to play the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9800 XT installed no longer results in the operating system failing to respond and rebooting
* SolidWorks 2004: Display corruption is no longer noticed when setting the AA to 6X and AF to 16X
* Splinter Cell: Depth buffer corruption noticed on the ATI RADEON™ X800 PRO is now resolved
* Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Loading the Dantooine level of the game under Windows XP no longer results in slow game performance
* Using the ATI Problem Report Wizard under Windows XP SP2 with an ATI RADEON™ X850 XT installed no longer results in an error message appearing when clicking the Finish button for the problem report
* CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER: An option to select Yes or No to changes made in SMARTGART™ is now displayed when clicking the Apply button in SMARTGART™
* CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER: Playing a video clip in the background and entering the Overlay page found in the Video section no longer results in the default value for the Hue not being reapplied unless the CATALYST™ CONTROL™ CENTER is closed and re-launched
* CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER: Selecting Germany as the language no longer results in some of the text overlapping each other on the Unlock button
* CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER: Selecting Netherlands (Dutch) as the language no longer results in some of the text in the Hotkey manager being cut off
* CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER: The Bus setting information is now displayed in the Graphic Hardware section of the Information Center found
* CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER: The Display Manager Wizard no longer contains a Component Video single display setting message, when multi-display desktop mode is selected
* CATALYST™ CONTROL CENTER: Custom modes can only be applied if the display device can support the mode selected
* Attempting to apply a higher refresh rate to a non-DDC monitor no longer results in the refresh rate reverting to 60hz.
* SXGA+ LCD panel flicker is no longer noticed when the frame buffer (UMA size) is set to 32MB or 64MB

Please be aware that this version of the driver is a wee bit heftier than the last....24.6MB for plain control panel, and 32.6MB for CCC version.
Old 7th April, 2005, 09:38 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Do please upload it to AOA files!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th April, 2005, 09:54 PM

i'll archive and do it right away...been slow to get it from ATI...they are a bit overloaded right now. Just rebooted from installing it!...and it's been over an hour since i posted it!
Old 7th April, 2005, 09:58 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Thanks Big guy! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th April, 2005, 10:18 PM

Well, i tried to upload it, but it told me there was a virus in it ....HUH? I just downloaded and rar'ed it....
Old 7th April, 2005, 10:38 PM

can't upload...tried a few ways, even scanned it for virus first...DB has some issues, i think.
Old 8th April, 2005, 01:59 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Try again. I think I've got it working. At least, I was able to upload just a few minutes ago.
Old 8th April, 2005, 02:22 AM

coming up shortly. CCC version already sent.
Old 8th April, 2005, 07:11 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Now let's see if it fixes some of my issues!!!
Thanks,
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 8th April, 2005, 07:14 AM

Still problems, Rob? Have ya got the FSB up a bit? Dude..just about time for you to start i thread i think!
Old 8th April, 2005, 03:59 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
Still problems, Rob? Have ya got the FSB up a bit? Dude..just about time for you to start i thread i think!
Ummmm....... I'm pretty sure I already have started a thread........

I haven't been playing CS enough lately to see if it's fixed or not. But I'm leaning to the fact that it is fixed.
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 8th April, 2005, 05:28 PM
Steve Jobs

Drivers have been uploaded by cada, and are now available at AOAFiles.com

The ATI Catalyst driver sets on the AOAFiles ATI driver page have been reordered, and now the Catalyst drivers are listed at the top of the page, starting with the oldest drivers and going forward in time as it were, as you scroll down. Hopefully that makes a bit more sense than before.

Linkage: http://files.aoaforums.com/index.php?dir=139
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 8th April, 2005, 06:19 PM

If you have a new radeon card, give this driver a try...I have not had a chance to do too much with it, but it does perform quite a bit better in Source-based games, and gives a bit better image quailty, but not much else has changed. Framerates are a bit smoother...dropping less.
Old 8th April, 2005, 06:20 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

I wonder if the aa / af forcing bug has been fixed in non ccc drivers. (only appeared since ccc exists) I may just install the ccc version even though i'm not a big fan of it too bulky!
Old 8th April, 2005, 06:23 PM

the CCC version is my favorite, even though it's a bit bulky, fora driver. If you want, you can always close the tray application after making settings, and this will lighten the load a bit. I get better performance with the CCC version, but i think is is mainly sue to the Catalyst AI, rather than anything else...no way to change the setting if you use the normal version, other than to use some sort of third party tool. I don't like playing with then AI on...but it does give a bit better performance.
Old 9th April, 2005, 02:46 AM
Steve Jobs

Currently uploading 4 new drivers:

ATI Catalyst 5.4 for Windows XP 64 bit Edition
-Same as the normal 5.4s, but with XP64 support

NGO Modified Catalyst 5.4 for Windows XP / 2000
-These drivers are based on the Catalyst 5.4s, but feature enhanced performance and improved image quality, especially on high end cards.

NGO Modified Creative Audigy / Audigy2 / Live drivers for Windows XP / 2000
-These drivers provide a significant speed boost when using your EAX enabled sound card in 3d games. Reduces CPU usage by up to 10% in some cases, while improveing audio quality

Valance Studios / Xtreme G 76.44 modified Nvidia drivers for Windows XP / 2000
-Slight performance improvement over previous Xtreme G 76.41 drivers and some minor bug fixes. But every little bit helps.

Is anybody here using an ATI card with Windows XP 64?

Also are there many ATI users interested in using performance and quality enhanced modified drivers?
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles

Last edited by dsio; 9th April, 2005 at 02:56 AM.