AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th April, 2005, 07:50 AM
Steve Jobs

New Audigy, Radeon, and Geforce Drivers!

Creative Labs

NGO have released a modified Creative Sound card driver for the Sound Blaster Audigy, Audigy 2, and Live! cards. This driver set features improved audio quality in music playback, DVD playback, and most importantly, EAX quality. As well as improving quality, these drivers can improve your performance by reducing the CPU usage dramatically. In some cases this can mean up to a further 9% performance out of your CPU.

Notes:

These drivers replace the Creative EAX 4.0 drivers. They are based on Creative Audigy 2 ZS beta drivers however, are compatible with both Audigy and Audigy 2 cards, with limited support for Live! cards as well. These modified drivers are still in beta, and it is strongly recommended that you install the "MusicDVD Edition" rather than "Gamers Edition" when prompted during the installation. Audigy and Audigy 2 users should use the MusicDVD Edition option, with only Live! users trying the Gamers Edition. These drivers improve audio quality significantly in music playback, and DVD playback, as well as EAX4.0 quality. They also reduce the amount of stress your Audigy / Audigy 2 card places on your CPU, thus giving an increase in gaming performance. This gain will not show up in synthetic benchmarks such as 3DMark, however are noticeable in gaming. Very Highy Recommended.

Download Here at AOAFiles.com

ATI

Following the release of ATI's newest Catalyst 5.4 driver set, NGO have created their own modified set based on the Catalyst 5.4s, featuring improved performance and image quality, not to mention a whole array of extra features to help Radeon owners.

Notes:

These are NGO's modified driver set for ATI Radeon cards, based on the Catalyst 5.4 drivers. They feature improved image quality and performance over the standard ATI release, and feature many extra NGO addons, such as a build in Softmod feature, an OpenGL driver changer, and a driver setting manager application. Aside from that, these drivers have all of the features and bug fixes of the Catalyst 5.4 series.

ATI

ATI has also released the Catalyst 5.4 drivers for Windows XP X64 Edition. These drivers are essentially identical to the 32 bit versions, and feature all the bug fixes and performance updates accordingly.

Nvidia

There is a new Xtreme G Forceware driver set, based on the Forceware 76.44 beta drivers. These drivers do not have the Forceware temperature bug. They provide a slight performance improvement over the Xtreme G 76.41 driver, most noteably in Far Cry.

Maybe Daniel can change the sticky from the previous Xtreme G drivers to this thread.

I think that's a driver for everybody now.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles

Last edited by dsio; 9th April, 2005 at 08:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th April, 2005, 01:33 PM
Member/Contributer

Eeeh I didn't even get a chance to try the 76.41's cheers

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th April, 2005, 01:37 PM
Steve Jobs

isnt a massive difference between the 76.41s and the 76.44s, but theres a tiny bit, particularly FarCry feels a bit smoother.

The big one is the creative driver. as it really had a decent impact on my gaming performance. It also makes the EAX4.0 effects in CS:S, and other EAX games sound a bit more realistic and pronounced. It is definately a must have for any owner of an Audigy or Audigy 2.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 9th April, 2005, 02:47 PM
AOA Staff

Thanks dsio, Front Page!
Old 9th April, 2005, 02:50 PM
Steve Jobs

I was hoping you would do that lol. When i posted the thread i didnt think of the fact that the Geforce Drivers part would be cut off, and nobody would notice it.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 9th April, 2005, 03:21 PM

Wow, you have been busy dsio! Wonder if those Audigy drivers will work with this squirelly Audigy 1 card I have - it has a dead firewire port and the only drivers I have ever gotten to work on it are the ones that came on the original drivers disc.

AOA Team fah
Old 10th April, 2005, 06:48 AM
Steve Jobs

Nvidia have released an absolute mountain of drivers in the last 4 days, including 76.44, 71.89, 72.88, 76.50, and 72.30. At the moment, to save confusion im trying to pick the newest and best of the bunch, which at the moment is still the Xtreme G modified versions of recent Nvidia drivers. There is slated to be an Xtreme G 76.50 in the next few moons which will be added as soon as it is released. At this point in time (April 10th) the 76.44 Xtreme G drivers seam to be the fastest and best looking drivers, so they will be the currently hosted driver set, until something new comes out.

There are also some french reviewers talking about the fact that a 77.XX series driver has already been discovered, and might be available soon.

It could be a rather confusing couple of weeks for anyone keeping up to date with Nvidia drivers, so I will only be posting a select few drivers on AOAFiles.com.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 16th April, 2005, 12:22 AM

Oddly enough the 71.89's are what Nvidia has on their site and what futuremark has approved.
2GB OCZ PC4000 Gold
SLI'd E-VGA 6800 GT's
Old 20th April, 2005, 01:06 AM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Looking forward to testing the audigy drivers on my audigy2 plat if only someone could write in the software dolby digital live out codec into drivers. It can be done by brute force in zoomplayer but it gets all messy

After the recent creaf beta drivers being far from stable i'm more than happy to jump ship
Old 20th April, 2005, 02:22 AM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
Looking forward to testing the audigy drivers on my audigy2 plat if only someone could write in the software dolby digital live out codec into drivers. It can be done by brute force in zoomplayer but it gets all messy

After the recent creaf beta drivers being far from stable i'm more than happy to jump ship
Yea, well I dont think you will find drivers like that for the time being, but these will definately help in the EAX performance and sound quality departments. I dont understand how they can make the cards sound better than the manufacturer can, but they have definately done that. Ive had a few people PMing me over their good results with that NGO driver, so its definately one worth having.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 20th April, 2005, 02:02 PM

Creative has become rather notorious for creating good hardware with crappy drivers. Sorta like our friends at ATI were a few years back, the difference being that CR\reative has the WORST customer service possible. DO these drivers do any good for the 7.1 Live! card by any chance? Got a friend who has one, have acceleration problems with it that apparently are fairly common.

AOA Team fah
Old 21st April, 2005, 12:32 AM
Steve Jobs

Yes, they should help a Live! considerably, just make sure you read the instructions carefully.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah