AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th June, 2005, 06:12 PM
xD ~HOO-RAAH
Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Pacman Champion, Capture The Flag Champion, Mario Bros Pipe Panic Champion, Dirt Bike 2 Champion

Send a message via MSN to Abdul

Help with ATI All-In-Wonder

Hey, guys i just got an old ATI All-in-wonder Rage 128 Pro card, just needed to copy an old VHS onto DVD.

I've installed the latest drivers for the card but i dont seem to get any sound.

Ive changed audio sources but i dont get no sound. I've got picture but no sound??

I run Windows XP SP2

Ive used the lates ATI MMC for the rage 128 but no sound.

Ive also use winDVR any help plz??
Old 8th June, 2005, 06:16 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

use windows media encoder(free from windows) or powerdirector..two easy to use softwares that will combine the audio stream from your soundcard to the video input from your vidcard.
Old 9th June, 2005, 12:47 AM
Member/Contributer

Have you fed the audio pass through to the line input on your soundcard/onboard audio?

If the old AIW is anything line the newer models then there are two svideo shaped sockets on the card, one takes the input, either svideo or composite, the other the outputs, of which it will have svideo and composite, and an audio jack and possibly digitial audio line, one needs to go to your audio devices line input

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th June, 2005, 08:07 PM
xD ~HOO-RAAH
Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Pacman Champion, Capture The Flag Champion, Mario Bros Pipe Panic Champion, Dirt Bike 2 Champion

The old one is exactly as you described,Graham, like the new ones.

There is a 'Line Out' Jack on the card, is this where i should connect from, to my onboard sound card?? Well i tried it to all the three Jacks. The Aux one, the J_PHN one and the other one which has not text around it??

It may be possible im using a 'wrong cable', even so cud ya send me a picture of the one i should be using - if possible.
Old 9th June, 2005, 09:30 PM
xD ~HOO-RAAH

Thnx guys for ALL! your help.

It was just a simple mistake i made, its always these ones. I did what you said Graham but it still didnt work, but this was the problem.

I hooked from lineout to Aux on board and it works

I reinstalled MMC and selected the Aux/VIA (wave) option in the setup and it worked.

Thnx Again!
Old 9th June, 2005, 11:33 PM
Member/Contributer

good, now it's just a case of getting the volume level right, I found that the output level on my old AIW was very high and needed the record level set quite low, it took a fair amount of fiddling to prevent saturation

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th June, 2005, 11:58 AM
xD ~HOO-RAAH

If what you say is correct, then that means its gonna be time consuming, gonna have to postpone till after my exams.

Anyways i'll have a quick try and see how it goes, let ya know what happens.
Old 10th June, 2005, 12:22 PM
Member/Contributer

nah it just takes a few minutes, just find the section of the videos with the loudest sound source and capture that, then play it back and see if there is any distortion, if there isn't increase the record level, if there is drop it back a bit.
I mostly captured live music recordings so the dynamic range was quite large

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah