AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th July, 2005, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmax57
well erm i got them installed but cant overclock at all??? ive had this problem before so maybe a reinstall is due, but that will have to wait till after my hols
I posted a similar thread over a tweaksrus.com and was told that the 80.40's are "flakey" and advised the 76.10hd 3 drivers which ill be trying shortly, funny enough the 3 variant seems to give the best results?
Old 12th July, 2005, 07:40 PM

im having the same issue, 77.72 and 80.40 won't let me overclock... im talking anything, i cant overclock OR underclock, just use stock clocks... forceware 77.50 gives me no problems overclocking... ?
Old 12th July, 2005, 07:50 PM
Steve Jobs

Roll back then mate. Different people have different results with different drivers. For many people, including myself, these are the best drivers ever made. For others they have issues. Did you do the uninstall, driverclean, install procedure?
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th July, 2005, 08:03 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I like the 80.40, great graphics, no artifacts or hangs. But I don't O/C my 6800 GT....
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th July, 2005, 08:05 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
But I don't O/C my 6800 GT....
Say it ain't so!!

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 12th July, 2005, 08:08 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Once people learn of my disability, I have no doubt that they will send me lots and lots of Graphics cards to O/C...

Is that what your doing here Graham, offering me free graphics cards to O/C? ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 12th July, 2005, 08:10 PM
Steve Jobs

In his old age, Daniel has forgotten the very name of the website he owns. You really should give it a bit of stick. Im sure it will hit 420/1120+.

At least set it at Ultra speed, 400/1100. That way you can feel like you have an ultra for nothing. It actually makes a bit of a difference in some cases. Its a mild, safe overclock too. I run mine at that most of the time. Very stable. Except I go 1200 on the ram.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 12th July, 2005, 08:17 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Great! And when will my new card arrive - I'm just so excited!

I mean I sit around all day long trying to think of ways to get people to send me free hardware, to think, one of my ideas has finally paid off!

I'd help with the shipping but I'm a bit short right now. While I may (or may not) forget the sites name from time to time, I'm never out of ear shout when she starts crying for money to keep our pithy sayings online.

I'll e-mail you my addy!! Such a sweet guy!! ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 12th July, 2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12th July, 2005, 10:10 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Truth is I don't see the point of O/Cing it. Great performance as is, When games out pace it and it's value declines, then I'll pump the last goodness from it's fading heart... ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 12th July, 2005, 10:14 PM

You should see Flatout (the car game) running on my kid's GF3ti200 with the XG80.40's... Fantastic! of course being at 800x600 on a 15" crt helps but the game runs with very nice eye candy and smooth as butter gameplay, in one word: FUN
No problems with overclocking, it is ticking away at 220/500 as we speak.

I also put the 80.40's on a friend's FX5500 and it's the same thing... the games are playable and look nice on hardware many of us wouldn't use for paper weights. So kudos for nvidia and TweaksRUs.com for this release.

wife n' kids' rig: AXP2500+@2.1GHz | Soltek NF2 | 512Mb Geil DDR500 | 9700pro | SB live 5.1 | seagate barracuda 40Gb | Samtron 17" CRT
Old 13th July, 2005, 01:58 AM

And yes, I installed 80.40's by uninstalling the drivers, booting into safe mode, using driver cleaner to clean up leftover bits from teh drivers, then rebooted into windows and installed.

Still can't overclock 77.72 or 80.40's. In fact, if I use riva tuner to OC with 80.40's, it causes a BSOD. I never tried using riva tuner with 77.72 though so it could do the same thing. 77.50 works fine.

???

On a side note, i ran 80.40 forceware (not XG) and tried 3dmark and I dont know what you guys are talking about, the graphics were crap. It looked as if dynamic lighting was disabled, everything looked way washed out and bland
Old 13th July, 2005, 02:25 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Quote:
Great! And when will my new card arrive - I'm just so excited!

I mean I sit around all day long trying to think of ways to get people to send me free hardware, to think, one of my ideas has finally paid off!

I'd help with the shipping but I'm a bit short right now. While I may (or may not) forget the sites name from time to time, I'm never out of ear shout when she starts crying for money to keep our pithy sayings online.

I'll e-mail you my addy!! Such a sweet guy!! ":O}
Dan never fails to bring a smile to my face.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 13th July, 2005, 02:46 AM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Is that what your doing here Graham, offering me free graphics cards to O/C? ":O}
What have you been smoking

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 13th July, 2005, 09:15 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

A graphics dream pipe!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 13th July, 2005, 11:46 AM
Member/Contributer

That a bit like a heat pipe?

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 13th July, 2005, 07:42 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Similar, but with more colors!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 13th July, 2005, 07:56 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

So that you will all know that you are not without your influence upon my wishy-washy self - I'm running, for today only a one time video card overclocking extravaganza!

Best she'd do in her unmodified and natural state is 1.8 and 440 - pretested in the app, but untested in farcry...

Yep... I'm one hell of a risk taker! LOL
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 13th July, 2005, 08:06 PM
Member/Contributer

I'd use the ati tool artifact detector, it's quite intensive and will pick up on the slightest error

440, that is kick ass though a nice 25% boost, I bet with a voltage mod and a switch to better thermal compound you'd give dsio a good run for his money, though I agree that farcry doesn't need it, and with that being the most modern game you play I see why your happy at stock

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 13th July, 2005, 08:23 PM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

what card is that daniel?
Old 14th July, 2005, 08:17 AM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
So that you will all know that you are not without your influence upon my wishy-washy self - I'm running, for today only a one time video card overclocking extravaganza!

Best she'd do in her unmodified and natural state is 1.8 and 440 - pretested in the app, but untested in farcry...

Yep... I'm one hell of a risk taker! LOL
Mate, thats pretty decent. You should probably back the core down a bit as it will be heat effected. 430 should be stable, so try that, though 425 would offer some insurance.

100% reference design 6800GTs are still the best overclockers of the bunch. eVGA all the way
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah