AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th July, 2005, 05:21 PM

Media player playing up

Hi guys

Just got a leadtec 6800 ultra and now my media player looker weired the colours are not quite right. Games run fine and so does quicktime I have upgraded it from media player 9 to 10 but still does it.

any ideas would be great

thanks
Old 4th July, 2005, 05:25 PM
Member/Contributer

sounds like the gamma settings are off, are you on a newer set of drivers? I believe it's a problem with the 77.62 and 77.72, don't know about the new 80 drivers though

the simplest solution is to go to the colour section of the nvidia control panel, make sure it's on the overlay option and change to advanced mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Media player playing up-nvc.jpg  

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th July, 2005, 06:48 PM

The 80 drivers are fine, the tweaked xg drivers bring the problem back. That's from my experience anyways!

Think we need to get this little problem stickied! It just keeps cropping up!
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 2.4Ghz
2x 2GB OCZ Hiper 1066mhz
ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB
Samsung Syncmaster 15"

Apple Macbook Pro
15'' Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
X1600 Mobility Radeon
Boot camp Mac os X/Vista

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th July, 2005, 07:15 PM

I cant install the 80 drivers without geting an nv32.exe error message
Old 4th July, 2005, 08:25 PM
Member/Contributer

did you do the correct uninstall/driver cleaner procedure?

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 4th July, 2005, 09:21 PM

uh to be honest I didnt think i needed to when updating a driver for the same make of card
Old 4th July, 2005, 11:26 PM
Member/Contributer

It does help avoid compications. I do it out of habbit every time I install new drivers, but some have said there can be a dramatic differance in stability and performance when the old drivers and all their bits are removed properly as oppoed to just uninstalling or worse still just installing over them.

It can't hurt to try though, just make sure the old drivers are uninstalled from add/remove programs, then boot into safe mode by pressing F8 during the windows startup and selecting safe mode, and run driver cleaner to remove any remenants of the old set before rebooting into windows normally and installing the new set

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 5th July, 2005, 05:34 PM

Ok tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers however on start up I get an error saying nvsvc32.exe has encountered a problem and needs tp close etc etc any ideas why this is????
Old 5th July, 2005, 07:33 PM
Member/Contributer

Sounds like a corrupted download, see if downloading it again solves it.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah