AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th January, 2006, 06:56 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Given the problems you've had, I reckon you should give it a go and see what happens!
Old 12th January, 2006, 12:50 PM

I had the same issue with it not installing the actual driver for my card, kept getting an error messege after installing and rebooting saying that the applications couldnt detect the hardware. What I did to fix this was NOT uninstall anything, I just reran the program and installed ONLY the driver. as soon as it finished up, BAM, heard the sounds of it being detected. I will say I am very pleased with how it sounds, I was having an issue with it conflicting with another driver and giving me a somewhat scratching sound on the lower bass sounds in some songs. No more issues, and Ive been fighting this thing since middle of last year. Its nice to see it takes someone who DOESN'T work for creative to fix it, lol!
Old 12th January, 2006, 12:55 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

Ive been looking through this thread and can't decide, is it worth doing? is the boost in quality enough or shall I just leave it until I get an X-fi in a year or so?

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th January, 2006, 12:59 PM
Steve Jobs

The improvement is definately noticeable. The added features are also very good.

It will not make your card as good as an X-Fi. It will however make it as good as an Audigy 4 Pro, which is a very sweet card. Nobody that has pulled this mod off have ever complained about the results (despite some bugs that can occur, and are related to the means of installation not the result).

Worth it... Yes. Its an upgrade for free.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th January, 2006, 01:05 PM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

Ill give it a try.

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Old 16th January, 2006, 10:11 PM

Thanks for the recommendation - I must admit I checked the posting several times for any reference to April the first but great find !

It works fine on my Audigy original - a relief as I remember the problems the drivers caused when the SBLive 5.1 first came out.

Sometimes the mixer doesn't seem to load in the taskbar on startup - but that could be other stuff I've been tinkering with - does the Creative version give any audible advantage over the vanilla volume controls ?
Old 17th January, 2006, 12:40 AM
Steve Jobs

Not at all.
I use the normal volume control because it loads faster.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 6th February, 2006, 07:50 AM

Is this mod working on sblive 5.1 and is it worth a trie? I am currently using a2forlive drivers.
Old 6th February, 2006, 07:56 AM
Steve Jobs

I would give it a go I think. It won't improve sound quality (at least not at a driver level, though the effects available may improve things). But it should give you the Audigy 4 software suite.

And thats good

By the way, welcome to AOA mate.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 6th February, 2006, 08:01 AM

Thanks for the welcome and for quick reply
Old 6th February, 2006, 08:42 AM
Steve Jobs

If you do not have success with these drivers mind you, there is another alternative 3rd party driver for the Live! cards that always works, and is very effective in improving EAX in games, and slightly improving performance of the card.

It uses the standard Live! interface though, so if you have trouble, just post back and I'll find it for you from our files site.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 9th February, 2006, 04:23 PM

I have difficulties downloading the driver is there and alternate url?
Old 9th February, 2006, 04:27 PM
Steve Jobs

This is the correct link here http://files.aoaforums.com/code.php?file=2216

If you are having trouble, can you tell me what kind of trouble, and we'll try to solve the problem.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 9th February, 2006, 04:41 PM

I get constantly disconnected and cant resume. I have only a 64kbs line its really frustrating I tried 3-4 times and got disconnected after 10-20 hours of download
Old 9th February, 2006, 04:45 PM
Steve Jobs

I am going to talk to our files server admin about this. He may ask you for some further details so we can find the cause of this if possible.

As an alternative, I would recommend the NGO modified Creative driver. This driver does make EAX sound better in games and reduces CPU utilisation slightly. Aside from that, its a rock solid driver.

When you install it, use the "DVD / Music" option that is recommended for Audigy cards, NOT the "Gamer" choice that is recommended for Live! cards.

The DVD/Music option is better for all cards, including the Live!.

Its only 22.7MB http://files.aoaforums.com/code.php?file=2081

It should be easier to download, and I have yet to see it cause problems.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 9th February, 2006, 04:55 PM

Thnx I will trie that too, but I would really like to trie the new year version
Old 9th February, 2006, 05:01 PM
Steve Jobs

I've sent a PM to our files admin about your troubles. He's pretty sharp, so I figure it won't take him long to find what's going on. In the mean time, this is still quite good to be honest
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 9th February, 2006, 06:17 PM

Hmm I just instaled the NGO drivers and my woofer and central speker is muted when i listen to music in win mediaplayer it worked before and the most of the options was greeyed out. And the interface is quite poor doono about quality didnt tested it becouse the missing central and the woofer speaker in music is a great backstep for me
Old 9th February, 2006, 06:26 PM
Steve Jobs

I see :\

Hopefully we'll find out what's up with the 300MB download for you. You can have another go if you like.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 9th February, 2006, 06:41 PM

Its not urgent. I will succeed eventually to download it