AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th March, 2006, 03:44 PM

Wow I have been hibernating TOO long. I have a pile of Live! cards and one very glitchy Audigy 1 card that I am dyingto trythis mod out on.... wish me luck!

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th March, 2006, 06:09 PM
Steve Jobs

Good luck Sir!
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th March, 2006, 09:32 PM

question

I am downloading the software package right now - I have an Audigy 2 (normal one I think) and I had a question or two about instructions before I try this:

Now we run the installer, the steps are easy to follow and here's the good thing: it will ask you what Model you have, select the appropiate one (it works with the NX too) and from there on it will run the first creative installer, here comes the change, as you know in the last one we omitted the "Windows Drivers" check box, in this case DO NOT omit it, because now the drivers are ready, you can decide if you want media source (if you want the complete softmod do not omit anything) and once you finish the first intallation it will ask you if you want to reboot... DO NOT reboot to continue with the rest of the softmod from the screen Voup PAX.

What does 'as you know in the last one we omitted the "Windows Drivers" check box' mean??? I don't understand that? The 'last one' what?

'the drivers are ready' what does that mean?

This guy's grammer is pretty awful so I'm having trouble understanding the instructions. Maybe if I just try it, I'll see what he's talking about....

Also, when I reboot after removing the original drivers and editting the registry, Windows will likely try and reinstall the card... do I cancel it?

Thanks!
Old 11th March, 2006, 11:54 PM

Well it didn't work.

I removed the drivers (there were alot of audio controller drivers - mic for my logitech webcam, video/audio codecs, legacy drivers, etc - should I remove EVERYTHING or just the creative ones?) then edited the registry, removed the Creative folder and rebooted.

As I thought, my Windows detected the card and started the hardware detection wizard. I ignored it and did the PAX installation as instructed. At the very end I rebooted and .... nothing.

The Windows hardware detection wizard started again - it was as if no driver had been installed although all the apps are now installed.

Not knowing what else to do I went through the wizard and picked the PAX Audigy 1/2 driver from the installation files and it installed. Rebooted and now I get the error 'device cannot start'

help.
Old 12th March, 2006, 03:19 AM
Steve Jobs

When it tried to install drivers the first time, you should have just cancelled it is all. OK, does it give a reason why the device cannot start? It could be that you have a resource conflict, or no IRQ assigned.

Also, what PCI slot is the card in?
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 12th March, 2006, 04:37 AM

Hey thats awesome that you take the time and post such things.

Right now I am half way done, I only uninstalled the audigy 2 zs drivers and deleted registery keys. Speaking of registery keys, after deleting the ones you mentioned, I decided to search the registery for "Creative" and I have found a lot of entries still...

So basically those ones don't matter? Let me know what you think, I am downloading the file right now. Thanks again, and cool forum.
Old 12th March, 2006, 05:30 AM

Is windows suppose to see my Audigy 2zs as an Audigy 4 now?
Old 12th March, 2006, 06:21 AM
Steve Jobs

yea, it should identify your Audigy 2 as an Audigy 4 after its done, you should have an improvement in audio quality, and your software suite should be updated to the Audigy 4 set.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 12th March, 2006, 07:16 AM

darn, none of the things you mentioned happend.

I noticed I kept getting a lot of messages about the need to replace older files...if i needed them replaced and what not...

would you recommend taking out andything creative in my registery, besides the keys u identified?
Old 12th March, 2006, 07:17 AM

Did you by any chance try the mod then try quake 4? I noticed in one of ur other posts about new nvidia drivers you mentioned quake 4. Well the new drivers screwed up the openal32.dll but once i installed the openal drivers from the audigy website quake worked again..
Old 12th March, 2006, 07:42 AM
Steve Jobs

Nope, just doing what was initially posted has worked fine for most people. I have this mod on both me Audigy LS and my Audigy 2 ZS, and both work fine with it, and I play Quake 4 on the ZS machine.

Perhaps the newer Audigy drivers from creative are more of a problem to remove.

Are you sure you didn't miss any steps?
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 12th March, 2006, 07:46 AM

Yes positive, I even used driver cleaner...

When I run the file you attached on 1st post, I get the creative window and its trying to install Audigy 2 drivers..is that right? shouldn't it say audigy 4?
Old 12th March, 2006, 08:41 AM
Steve Jobs

No, thats wrong. It should say Audigy 4 from memory.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 18th March, 2006, 04:41 PM

I done it as best as I could, do you need to install the creative driver first? anyway my card shows up as a sounblaster audigy 2 zs in the surround mixer.

Where am I going wrong?
Old 1st April, 2006, 05:14 PM

I cant get this to detect the sound card at all now, can no one help?
Old 2nd April, 2006, 01:05 AM
Steve Jobs

Well, drivers dont actually have that effect. Test the card in another PCI slot, and if that fails, test in another computer.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 2nd April, 2006, 12:43 PM
Team 45 Folder

Send a message via MSN to Got EpOx Send a message via Skype™ to Got EpOx

Audigy 2 ZS's are meant to have a firewire port right? mine doesn't and it clearly says Audigy 2 ZS on the board.
232GB Western Digital 'My Book' External HDD USB 2.0
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
Intel GMA 950 Onboard Video
Want to make a difference without leaving your chair?, then join the AOA folding team today!
AOA Folding @Home
Old 3rd April, 2006, 02:40 AM

I try two times and the result is this " it does not detect the audio device of compatible with the application" any idea ¿?¿?
Old 7th April, 2006, 11:28 AM

I 'lost' the softmod when I reinstalled my system recently and had to go back through the original (Creative) driver install to get my Audigy 1 (Platinum) card recognised.

I can't successfully reapply the mod so I'm using the latest Creative drivers which work for most of the Audigy series.

My belief is that the driver install programmes the card which is why it can stop the thing being recognised but.........'I've been wrong before and I'll be there again'
Old 7th April, 2006, 11:36 AM
Steve Jobs

Its interesting that I find it works perfectly on a clean fresh install of XP, but after I install the latest creative drivers, I then cant get the softmod to work.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah