AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th August, 2005, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
Some brands of card also have greater chances of unlocking it seems, there is a site that lists a success rate for each brand based on data from their site users, its one of the tech support sites I think, ill try and find it.

This might be the site you mean http://www.devhardware.com/forums/t29823/s.html

You cant go wrong with leadtek though, very solid cards and even if you dont get a full unlock they seems to overclock very well especially on the memory.
I just got a leadtek 6800le and managed to unlock all pipelines and vertex shaders running with no problems
Old 18th August, 2005, 04:00 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Mind to post some benches? and also what system you got?
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th August, 2005, 05:51 PM
Benchmarker

OK I finally got the card. Tried to fit into my Antec AMG 100 but one of the HDD was in the molex path so I had to take them out (very easy in Antec) and move one down. After that the card fit just fine between the 2 HDD's. If I didn't replace my caps I would have had a lot of trouble. I let the cap under the vcard long legs and I bent it right now otherwise the 6800 would have had a hard time pluging into the AGP in a normal way!

Here are some pics with what I got. Now the card is in, no overclock whatsoever, the proc is not overclocked and the card also not overclocked. With default settings and no driver reinstall I have a pretty low score on 3dmark 03 but my hopes are high. I am waiting for your advice. Soooooo, what next?
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-new-2.jpg   I need your advice !-installed.jpg   I need your advice !-3dmark03.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th August, 2005, 05:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

Get the 77.76XG's from the files section. Then I guess start unlocking pipes and vertex's and tell us what happens. Cool card!

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Old 18th August, 2005, 05:59 PM
Benchmarker

OK I have them installed before ! I am downloading Rivatuner right now !
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-77.76xg.jpg  

Old 18th August, 2005, 06:03 PM

Keep us posted and good luck!!

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Old 18th August, 2005, 06:06 PM
Benchmarker

Question

Can't find rivatuner there, I am downloading from somewhere else.
OK is here, so v 2.0 Riva tuner will do it?

Old 18th August, 2005, 06:25 PM

Yeh unlock one quad then test thoroughly. If you get any artifacts disable that quad and enable the next quad. If you get any artifacts on that quad then you have 2 defective quads and will have a 8pipeline card, however if only 1 extra quad works you will have a significant performance increase.

Vertex pipes are nice to have but significant performance boosters right now.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 2.4Ghz
2x 2GB OCZ Hiper 1066mhz
ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB
Samsung Syncmaster 15"

Apple Macbook Pro
15'' Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
X1600 Mobility Radeon
Boot camp Mac os X/Vista

AOA Team fah
Member/Contributer

As long as it's the latest release candidate

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...d49e3dcfc0e6aa

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Benchmarker

OK this is what I see now, a little different from what Monkeyman shows in his excelent review of how to unlock a 6800LE !
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-rivat.jpg  

Old 18th August, 2005, 06:26 PM
Benchmarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
As long as it's the latest release candidate

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...d49e3dcfc0e6aa
Yes what a coincidence, I downloaded exactly from there !

Thanks Graham

Old 18th August, 2005, 06:27 PM
Member/Contributer

Well all you have to do is enable the disabled units, some will say one at a time but sod it I'd just enable them all and keep my fingers toes and eyes crossed

If enabling them all doesn't work thats when you test one at a time though.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 18th August, 2005, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan2468
I just got a leadtek 6800le and managed to unlock all pipelines and vertex shaders running with no problems
So that's another one of those brilliant Leadtek cards that fully unlocked!
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 2.4Ghz
2x 2GB OCZ Hiper 1066mhz
ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB
Samsung Syncmaster 15"

Apple Macbook Pro
15'' Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
X1600 Mobility Radeon
Boot camp Mac os X/Vista

AOA Team fah
Old 18th August, 2005, 06:30 PM
Benchmarker

Talking

OK a stupid question I just check a quad and is still disabled, How do I enable it?
And what is that "unlock professional capabilities"? Do I have to restart windows or something? Where are you Monkeyman?
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-checked.jpg  

Last edited by chrisbard; 18th August, 2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old 18th August, 2005, 06:37 PM
Member/Contributer

Thats just quadro functions, makes no differance in games

And yeah it won't sho up as enabled unitl you restart windows

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 18th August, 2005, 06:51 PM
Benchmarker

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
Most games are pixel shader limitted at present, and even when a situation is vertex limitted, it's not usually to the point of affecting playability like when you are fillrate limitted
Without any problem or artifacts I enabled 1 quad and run 3dmark2003 The score is up to :

Unbelievable, I am going after the second quad! I hope is not damaged either!!! Guys hang in there with me !
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-hurae.jpg  

Old 18th August, 2005, 06:56 PM

Good luck! I have faith!

AOA Team fah

Old 18th August, 2005, 07:24 PM
Benchmarker

Talking

OK the situation is not excelent! The second quad is damaged and gives artifacts upon enabling. But the vertex units are ok and in good health. Without overclocking the card just by using rivatuner thanks to AOA ppl I went from an embarasing 6400 points in 3dmark2003 to this:
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-some.jpg   I need your advice !-done.jpg  

Old 18th August, 2005, 07:25 PM
Benchmarker

Talking

Now do you guys think that I should overclock a little?

Old 18th August, 2005, 07:38 PM
Benchmarker

This is what I got for raising the core and the memory from stock to:
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-overclock.jpg