AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th August, 2005, 07:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

Go for it man. Don't feel bad, at least you got 12 pipes and 6vs. Now, unfortunately for you, when I own you in BF2 you can't blame it on low fps or lag.

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th August, 2005, 07:42 PM
Member/Contributer

is that all it will overclock?

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th August, 2005, 07:49 PM
xD ~HOO-RAAH
Snake Champion, Chopper Challenge Champion, Pacman Champion, Capture The Flag Champion, Mario Bros Pipe Panic Champion, Dirt Bike 2 Champion

Send a message via MSN to Abdul

This is real cool, it must overclock some more, it must!, COME ON! it must

Your killing me here
Old 18th August, 2005, 07:54 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Talking

This is what I got as far ! It'll not go above 325 !!
But I am happy as hell. Hope Dave will also join us and give me some advice !

I want to thank you all and I will go now and see what BF2 looks like !
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-ura.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 18th August, 2005, 07:56 PM

You should get 370 core on that card easy. I have found that increasing the core first then the memory produces the best gains, i think monkeyman will back me up on that!

BTW in rivatuner under driver settings forceware customize...>system settings (first option, picture of a graphics card) it should show you what the rough maximum the card will overclock to.

BTW if you're unsatisfied with performance, sell it on ebay as brand new and buy a Leadtek 6800LE VERY high chance of unlocking every pipe on those cards :P
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 2.4Ghz
2x 2GB OCZ Hiper 1066mhz
ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB
Samsung Syncmaster 15"

Apple Macbook Pro
15'' Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
X1600 Mobility Radeon
Boot camp Mac os X/Vista

AOA Team fah
Old 18th August, 2005, 08:18 PM
Benchmarker

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilmyarse
You should get 370 core on that card easy. I have found that increasing the core first then the memory produces the best gains, i think monkeyman will back me up on that!

BTW in rivatuner under driver settings forceware customize...>system settings (first option, picture of a graphics card) it should show you what the rough maximum the card will overclock to.

BTW if you're unsatisfied with performance, sell it on ebay as brand new and buy a Leadtek 6800LE VERY high chance of unlocking every pipe on those cards :P
I believe you but it'll not go higher. At 330 will say it can't do that. It may have soething with the temp sensor. I had 2 5900 xt one was with temp sensor and will not overclock high the other, the one I had for 2 years without temp sensor and overclocked as hell. What should I do?
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-posible.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 18th August, 2005, 08:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

Put it at 12pp 5vs flash the bios to a 6800 vanilla and sell it on ebay and buy a leaktek 6800le or 6800.

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Old 18th August, 2005, 09:01 PM

What he said. :P

Can't beat Leadtek 6800LE, i haven't met a single person yet that hasn't unlocked them fully and got a nice overclock too!
2x 2GB OCZ Hiper 1066mhz
ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB
Samsung Syncmaster 15"

Apple Macbook Pro
15'' Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
X1600 Mobility Radeon
Boot camp Mac os X/Vista

AOA Team fah
Old 18th August, 2005, 09:20 PM
Member/Contributer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile69
Put it at 12pp 5vs flash the bios to a 6800 vanilla and sell it on ebay and buy a leaktek 6800le or 6800.
Apart from the moral implications

You can't flash 6800's, the pipelines are hardware masked, you need to take to them with a soldering iron

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 18th August, 2005, 09:30 PM

Ah yeah good point. Supto you mate, if that performance is good enough for you (most likely a definate improvement over that FX5900XT!) then don't sell it. Just reminding you the option is there to sell the card and try a leadtek to get a higher clock and higher chance of unlocking the full 16 pipes!
2x 2GB OCZ Hiper 1066mhz
ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB
Samsung Syncmaster 15"

Apple Macbook Pro
15'' Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
X1600 Mobility Radeon
Boot camp Mac os X/Vista

AOA Team fah
Old 18th August, 2005, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
Mind to post some benches? and also what system you got?
Sorry for the late reply my system specs are.....

Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
Athlon XP2600
1GB Ram PC3200 (Dane-Elec)
Leadtek Geforce 6 6800LE 128MB (AGP)
2 WD Caviar 120GB Drives
SoundBlaster Audigy
Liteon 52x CD-RW
Pioneer 4x DVD-RW
Attached Thumbnails
I need your advice !-overclock.jpg   I need your advice !-3dmark05.jpg   I need your advice !-rivatuner.jpg  
Old 18th August, 2005, 11:30 PM

Just thought I'd add my statistics, I've got a Leadtek 6800, overclocked to 400/800 (I know that's a really bad OC on the memory, I've no idea why it wont budge any further), I used rivatuner to unlock the extra vertex shader, and that was all nice and dandy, but when I unlocked the extra 4 pixel pipelines, I got graphical corruption on things like water, and on the pixel shader test on 3DMark03. So I had to lock them again.

I get something like 11,200 3DMark03's, with a Barton 2500+ at 2.3GHz.
Old 19th August, 2005, 05:24 AM
Benchmarker

Thumbs up

Hey Chaz, you actually got what I got. My proc is at 2200 Mhz but the same (Barton2500) Why would I get only 9000 points in 2003 while you have 11000 ? I think is the extra 75 Mhz you have there in your GPU ! Why will my not go further? How can I get rid of the temp sensor?

I will not sale this card because it's absolutely a great improvement from 5900 and I really haven't paid but the transport !

Thanks morgan for putting the benches ! I will do tonight a 2005 and see what I got adn of course I will post it.

Old 19th August, 2005, 09:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hoinar

Spunds like a nice card Chris...But I see you have some Nvidia CD drivers with your Ati 6800
Now you have no reason to not try a higher OC!
Old 19th August, 2005, 09:18 AM
Benchmarker

Talking

LOL I thought someone will notice that !!! I got ATI drivers with my card But that's an easy one when you are a member of AOA and Dsio uploads good stuff there !

Old 19th August, 2005, 09:48 AM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
LOL I thought someone will notice that !!! I got ATI drivers with my card But that's an easy one when you are a member of AOA and Dsio uploads good stuff there !
I would take the driver disk back and throw it in their faces. How dare they question your sexuality when you are purchasing a card off them.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 19th August, 2005, 10:03 AM
Benchmarker

Exactly! This I have done and they said is their fault and appologise. But what the heck the shame still there. OK it's time for me to see how cd-s are flying out of the balcony!

Old 19th August, 2005, 10:12 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hoinar

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I would take the driver disk back and throw it in their faces. How dare they question your sexuality when you are purchasing a card off them.
So...you must only be a girl to buy a 6800?
Old 19th August, 2005, 10:15 AM
Benchmarker

Talking

You got it wrong, ATI owners, most of them are girls !

Old 19th August, 2005, 10:15 AM
Benchmarker

Question

Anyway what do you guys think about this 325 Mhz core speed? Can be the maximum? Is there a way to raise the core clock more?

Last edited by chrisbard; 19th August, 2005 at 10:22 AM.