AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th September, 2005, 01:16 PM
Breakout Champion

New Video card on the way!!!

I just ordered my new video card. Leadtek 6800le, i cant wait till it gets here. I have been using a Radeon 9100, so it will be a big step up. Any particular procedures i should use to get rid of the ATI drivers and replace them with the new Nvidia drivers? Also, which Nvidia drivers should i use? Its been a while since i had an Nvidia card. I know i will need Rivatuner to hopefully unlock the other pipelines, do i need any particular software to overclock it? Any help is appreciated.
Old 15th September, 2005, 02:52 PM

I think most people use Coolbits to overclock the card after using Rivatuner to unlock the extra pipes. That card comes stock with 8 pipes and 4 vertex shaders and you can possibly unclock to 16 pipes and 6 shaders. Most cannot fully unlock this card. Let me know how it goes. I'm thinking about taking a chance and getting one of these myself in hopes of atleast being able to unlock atleast 4 of the 8 extra pipes and 1 shader. Reviews on newegg show some people getting monster overclocks with this card. Good luck!
2x512 Corsair TWINX 3200CL2
9800 SE softmod --> Pro
80GB Hitachi SATA x 2 RAID 0
120 GB WD Spec. Ed. w/8MB cahce
Antec True480W

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th September, 2005, 03:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

to remove your ati drivers, use the normal uninstall feature that came with your ATI drivers-restart in safe more-use dirver cleaner 3 and remove any ATI files-restart and install the latest XG modded nvidia drivers.
Old 15th September, 2005, 03:12 PM
Steve Jobs

This is extremely important and must not be overlooked.

ATI drivers are corrosive to Nvidia cards, and vice versa.

Do not overclock it from stock, work to tune the card first by removing all the ATI drivers correctly with driver cleaner pro, and install the XG drivers to get the most out of it at stock.

Next step is the unlocking. We have a good guide stickied in the graphics card topic here, so follow that and you can't go wrong.

Lastly you overclock the thing.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th September, 2005, 04:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayZeeZ
I think most people use Coolbits to overclock the card after using Rivatuner to unlock the extra pipes. That card comes stock with 8 pipes and 4 vertex shaders and you can possibly unclock to 16 pipes and 6 shaders. Most cannot fully unlock this card. Let me know how it goes. I'm thinking about taking a chance and getting one of these myself in hopes of atleast being able to unlock atleast 4 of the 8 extra pipes and 1 shader. Reviews on newegg show some people getting monster overclocks with this card. Good luck!
Actually, an incredibly high number of people have fully unlocked their Leadtek 6800LE's. Just talk to Devilmyarse. Follow dsio's instructions very carefully and you can't go wrong. The unlocking/overclocking guide can be found in the FAQ section.

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Old 15th September, 2005, 05:00 PM
Breakout Champion

Thanks guys, i will follow all the instructions, and hopefully it will fully unlock. I hope it gets here soon, im excited. Now if i could just get my FSB to be 400, right now the farthest i can get it is 340(170x2) My rig is set at 170x13, and thats the only way i can get it to be stable, i have tried all kinds of different settings. I am happy with the performance, but it is frustrating. I do however have my memory set at 2.0-2-2-11 at 2.6v, so thats good. Thanks for all the tips....
Old 15th September, 2005, 05:41 PM
Member/Contributer

What power supply does this system have?

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 16th September, 2005, 01:22 AM
Breakout Champion

generic 400w.
Old 16th September, 2005, 04:04 AM
Alien Clones Champion

Location: Queensland Australia ''Oh'' the beauitful sunny coast!
Send a message via MSN to QSDT

What mother board?
Monitor Dell 24'' 2407WFP ''WOW that's all I can say''

Why is Phonetic not spelt Phonetically, and why is the word Abbreviation so long?

My Ex gives 100% sound adivce, 99% sound, 1% adivce.

69% of all statistics are made up!

AOA Team fah
Old 16th September, 2005, 08:57 AM
Steve Jobs

the generic 400W is probably adequate, but will limit you now, in overclocking and in the future.

I really want you to consider getting a decent high end power supply like an Enermax Noisetaker 430W~.

In your position you have hardware that is by no means inadequate, but definately is beyond the current generation of technology. There is no single part you can buy that will drop in and be a good investment in your machine right now, except a power supply.

A good PSU will last a long time, and perform brilliantly all through it. Its a long term investment that will impove your reliability, performance, and make upgrading easier in the future.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 16th September, 2005, 09:59 AM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

Would an Enermax noisetaker 370w be up to the job for a 6800?
Old 16th September, 2005, 10:05 AM
Steve Jobs

yea, it would, but I would get the 430 to make it future proof.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 16th September, 2005, 10:13 AM
Simon Champion, 3D Car Driver Champion, Taz's Dance Fever Champion, Arcanoid Champion, Simpsons Shooter Champion, Break in the Crowd Champion, Mad Shark Champion, Quad Champion, Super Flash Mario Bros. Champion

just checking, should be getting my card 2day leadtek 6800le.
got the xtreme-g drivers and driver cleaner and rivatuner(thanx 2 aoa files ). so um ready to go.
Just waiting on the damn delivery driver now. have to go to work at 2pm and i bet he dont turn up till this afternoon
Old 16th September, 2005, 10:44 AM

which drivers are better 77.76 which i downloaded or 80.40 which i only just noticed?
Old 16th September, 2005, 10:46 AM
5 Card Draw Champion, Tomb Digger Champion, Alpha Force Champion, Autobahn Champion, Big Bird Hunting Champion, Mumu Champion, Attack of the Tweety Zombies Champion

Id use 77.76xg

Join our F@H team today.. http://www.team45.info/
Are you a subscriber? No? well then, why not....
Subscribe to AOA for a better experience and faster downloads!
How to unlock and overclock your Nvidia 6800
BIOS Volt-mod your 7800gt

AOA Team fah
Old 16th September, 2005, 10:51 AM

BTW, Sorry to Hijack ur thread Narkotik, That was my last question
Old 16th September, 2005, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
Id use 77.76xg
Yeah they were the one's i downloaded originally, so i'll stick with them for the time
Old 16th September, 2005, 11:55 AM
Steve Jobs

80.40s perform a bit better (ranging from a bit to a fair bit) than the 77.76s for SOME people. About 10% of 6800 owners find the 80.40s to be miracle drivers. For most they arnt though.

They have gamma corruption, video quality corruption, lower image quality than the 77.76s (though not all that much worse). So there is a penalty to be paid even if they do turn out to be performance drivers for you.

77.76s are a safe bet, and the best in a long time. Fast, best image quality to date, and very stable.
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 16th September, 2005, 12:49 PM

cheers boys
Old 17th September, 2005, 12:14 PM
Breakout Champion

Well, my video card should be here this morning, i cant wait!...also, DSIO, i have the stats on my PSU. It is made by a company called "Xtreme"?
On its side it reads, "Xtreme switching power supply, model lp-6100d(400w max): +3.3@28.0a/ +5@30.0a/ +12@25.0a/ -5@0.3a/ -12@0.8a/ +5vsb@2.0a that is everything from the label on the side of the PSU. I cant really find anything online about it. It came in my case, which is an MMNY case, fairly inexpensive but solid. Are these numbers good? I know very little about power supplies so any info you can give would be appreciated. Thanks.