AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th February, 2002, 11:49 PM

visiontek

are the video cards any good?has anybody here used them before?thanks
Old 28th February, 2002, 12:52 AM

I have the geforce3 ti200 one, came stock with ramsinks and a heatsink/fan over the gpu, which I think maybe nividia refrence anyways. Its a good card, good price, and has a lifetime warranty on it. It comes clocked at 175/400 core/memory I added a crystal orb to it and have it at 220/500 with no problems, thats almsot Ti500 speed for a fraction of the cost.
If you don't need a new card right this minute I would wait for the Geforce4 4200 I think, there called as they will be around $199, they have not launched yet proably because they would compete too much with the current geforce3 lineup.

Last edited by demonX; 28th February, 2002 at 12:56 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th February, 2002, 01:36 AM

thanks for the reply.do you know about when they may be out?i dont need one right now,but i may end up spending the money on soething else if i have to wait to long.lol
Old 28th February, 2002, 01:38 AM

I heard late april, somone can/will correct me if im wrong though
Personally if my radeon hadnt died so soon, I would use it until the 4200 came out, but I needed a card right that minute heh.
Old 28th February, 2002, 05:09 AM
Banned

I owned a Geforce 3 card I had to RMA with them. They replaced it for me as it appeared defective, though now it might have been the VIA chipset ...

I was very pleased and they appear to be putting a lot of work into their cards, I'd buy again from them.
Old 27th March, 2002, 04:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Orbit Send a message via Yahoo to Orbit

I'm using a VisionTek GeForce3 Ti200. Honestly, I can't see how much faster vid cards can be. I upgraded from a GeForce 2 MX400. Massive difference in those two!
With the MX400 on a 1GHz / Abit KT7A+ / 512 megs of Micron PC133 CAS2, I would experience short pauses while I would asssume the buffer or something caught up. With the Ti200, I have absolutely no pauses, and it's faster than I can keep up with.
I built a new DDram system two weeks ago, and after trying out all sorts of drivers for it, I finally ran across an article where someone compared the 23.11's to the 27.50's to the 28.32's (I tried them all). Long and short, if you have the same results I did, the 23.11's are FAR more stable and faster than the newer drivers out, bar none. This thing is so fast in Unreal Tournament, I have to slow down the mouse sensitivity to 1.5 to be able to play smoothly. Anything else, was just waa-aay too sensitive and fast. Was wondering if the new GeForce4's will make me have to slow it down to .5 ! haha...
BTW, this is on a Win2KPro system, and any of the other newer drivers would eventually lock the game, and it would 'go away'. I can now play as long as I like, at 1024x768 res. at 32bit color depth.
My personal experience would be good enough to recommend the VisionTek line of cards... comes with cool looking heat spreaders and nice little fan on the chip. ....And, I'd seriously buy another one for my 'old' box, if I hadn't already got a GeForce2 GTI for it.

Frag on ! ;0) Crow

A Chieftec with a bunch of PCB's, Drives, Cables, and Water

-----------------------------------------------------------
Laws are for the lawless, who disregard them anyway... Crow

Last edited by Orbit; 27th March, 2002 at 04:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!