AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 23rd January, 2006, 10:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to arliene21 Send a message via MSN to arliene21 Send a message via Yahoo to arliene21

Unhappy Just need help/new and howdy

Hi everyone!My name is really Andy.Arliene21 is a name of one of my experimental pc's on my small network.I am a dude ok.lol I have 6 in all one is an EP-rdapro.I just reciently added a Nividia AOpen GF 6600 256 mb tv/dvi.Only been on say three months.Warenty is out.My AMD 1900 was overclocked to 2500.I have to admit my roomate is the expert and suggested I will learn from you folks what to do.I am a tad stubborn.My knowledge is limited computers are only a hobby.I have been lazy and have not studied but am ready to do so now.I allowed roomy to set me up.MY bad.Especially since the card crashed.Well it all started with the anomolies.Meaning system rebooted self a few times.My software for monitering is set to log and disable.The average temp 32 c 45 c.I checked my event viewer in control panel and Nivida card error in startup.This anomolie occured at random just a few times.I woke yesterday at 12 am.And was greeted by a conglomeration of colors.System locked up.I rebooted and and was then greeted by a dark screen.I was tired went back to sleep after shuting down system.When awoke 6 hr's later I restarted the system and the disply told me an overclock failier in progress and had dropped to 1100 mh on prosessor.I went into bios to check things out.Since I am moving and packed my manual decided to not experiment.Just moniter the system temps and voltages.A while later fixed breakfast and had eaten 30 min tops.The bios was locked up and all the white lines were flickering.I must admit it was unerving.I chose to restart system and got no vidieo.(RATS)I had an older version of nvidia and it is a chainteck MX4000.Yes a dinasaur.But gave it a whirrel anyway.No dice.I even tried an ATI card still no dice.My goal is to determine what is wrong here.Mabe even fix the situation.If it dosent take to long.Or the system gets outdated.My romate had tried a special combination of key's alt delet and somting else in the past.I am supposed to find out this information from you folks to.Ie my research tasking.I wont ever learn unless I ask.This OS has been reformated 2wice.My current OS is windows 2000 pro.NTFS filing system.I miss my FEAR2 and Unreal Tournament 2004.(Sigh)Oh I did attempt to rest the jumper JCMOS.Again (RATS)Thanx ~ANDY

Last edited by arliene21; 23rd January, 2006 at 10:46 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th January, 2006, 12:48 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Super Nade

Mate, weclome to the forums. I don't know if you need to include your vital statistics (although those of your PC would be necessary)

You may need to reset the CMOS roperly. Try this:-

1.Set CMOS Jumper to reset position
2.Take off the CMOS battery
3.Take off the PSU cable
4.Wait for 15 min and put everything back together.

Its pretty hard to mess up a Video card unless you Volt mod it or crush the core (done both! ). Could you please post your system specs?

Also, please use paragraphs as it is very hard to read your post.
Old 24th January, 2006, 05:23 AM
Alien Clones Champion

Location: Queensland Australia ''Oh'' the beauitful sunny coast!
Send a message via MSN to QSDT

Welcome to AOA, hope we can help. Ctrl Alt Delete are the keys u need for task manager. And yes a bit more info on the system would be great.
Monitor Dell 24'' 2407WFP ''WOW that's all I can say''

Why is Phonetic not spelt Phonetically, and why is the word Abbreviation so long?

My Ex gives 100% sound adivce, 99% sound, 1% adivce.

69% of all statistics are made up!

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th January, 2006, 09:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to arliene21 Send a message via MSN to arliene21 Send a message via Yahoo to arliene21

Unhappy Thank you

Ok blokes,folks and mates. I shall endevor to now post statistics of my system. EP-8RDA+PRO Motherboard AMD ANTHLON XP 2500+ 333 MHZ frotside buss 2 PC3200 512 Geil Windows 2000 pro NTFS OS[LIST=1][*]I tryed reset cmos as instructed[*]Still no vidieo[*]what other suggestions you may have will be greatly appreciated[*]And thank you again I will work on paragraphs next.I have poor typing skills.[*]My Bad ~Andy
Old 24th January, 2006, 11:00 PM
Alien Clones Champion

We'll have to work on your FSB 333 is lame 400+ is possible. But first let's get your PC working. Does your video card work in another PC is it possible to check maybe it has just died? Check all of your capasitors they should be flat on top no domes maybe you've got no power going to your AGP slot anymore!

Why is Phonetic not spelt Phonetically, and why is the word Abbreviation so long?

AOA Team fah
Old 25th January, 2006, 09:56 PM

by bassing 333 lame lol

Ok mate ! Im on it. New mother board only 4 months. All capasitors a o k. Checking card tomorrow. I will get back on that with you tomorrow nite roughly 12 midnite central standard time on card. I have no other system compatible for card. Taking to new roomates home and pc. Rommate now refuses to on his os. Just got in from Baptist Hospital. Got a dieing friend there. Need some sleep. And I will sure be glad when I figure out the margins,paragraphs and such issues to. lol Later and thanx I really do need the tutoring dude... ~Andy
Old 27th January, 2006, 12:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Super Nade

You may need to bump up the AGP Voltage to 1.6V.
Old 27th January, 2006, 03:09 AM

I tryed the card at my friends home. It works fine. The led number display has stopped showing any lite almost all together. Just only for a second and when shut down system. I also noted a flicker on my View sonic G800. So I am more than bumping any voltage simpley replacing the power supply altogether.I only had a 320 wat output powersupply I robbed from an older pc. I also noted some fluctuation in cpu fan speed. I have a high-speed fan on my heat-sink and it sounds like an A S 400 series/e Server. We had one here for beter part of a year.
Old 27th January, 2006, 04:13 AM
Alien Clones Champion

Sound like a power supply, try for 450watt or higher.

AOA Team fah
Old 27th January, 2006, 04:37 AM
Steve Jobs

If you've dumped the bios, and still nothing, try a PCI video card instead of an AGP. See if it will boot, or even POST (show the bios screen).

If it still doesnt, you're down to the CPU or the motherboard. Examine the CPU for obvious damage, and sniff it all over. If you smell the burned silicone smell, assume the chip is dead. If it looks ok, try it in another motherboard to rule it out.

If the CPU doesnt work, its the problem.

If the CPU does work, the motherboard is done. Given its an 8RDA+, it wouldn't surprise me if the board bought it. RMA the thing or replace it with a newer 8RDA series board.

Try the PCI card and test the CPU first though. Finding computer problems is a very simple process of elimination. Rule out what isn't broken, and you're left with the culprit.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 12th February, 2006, 07:42 AM

WOOHOO! Thanx all of you folks! I replaced the power-supply and Badabean Badaboom! Instant epox 8rd/a up and running! I went to a pc store local here in Nashville Tn. Picked up a 450 w Echo Star only 38 bucks including tax. Did have to update date and time in AVG Database as well as system time and date. DAH! Pardon me for my excitement. Breathing.... I got a reject message on reboot of software or hardware failier. Reset frontside buss and overclock to cpu clock 11.0,freq.66, 200 mh., Auto Agp size 512, crosing fingers all is as it should be. Will be tough test pro hardrive surface scaning and sUse 9.2 memory test.Am interested in overclocking the NivIda 6600 vidieo card. Any way Thankyou again! Andy
Old 12th February, 2006, 08:04 AM
Steve Jobs

Mate, what 6600 video card is it that you are running? does it have good cooling? and what Nvidia drivers are you using.

Overclocking and performance is the specialty at AOA
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 12th February, 2006, 09:04 AM

Nivida 6600 G force Aopen256mb 6 series

Fixed fan on card. Nvidia Mcp2s driver Nivida Nforce driver V5,03,AC'97 Audio Driver V3.61 Pro Magic plus bios update utility. By the way cpu is at 3200 and running smothly so far.
Old 12th February, 2006, 10:19 AM
Steve Jobs

I mean what Nvidia forceware video card driver mate
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Old 28th February, 2006, 07:53 PM

Sory late getting back.I just moved and got setup again.GeForce 6600 /Video Bios version 5.43.02.64/irq 19/Bus AGP 8X/Memory 256 mb/Forceware version 81.85 ,Since I am only guesing and not wanting to sound stupid I believe 81.85 is the driver info?Later I will be back in a day or 2 to check on the posibilities of overclocking the card.Thanx ~Andy