AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th March, 2006, 10:13 AM

Albatron AGP6600Q probs

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing my Albatron AGP6600Q video card, when i install it the fan powers up on the card, it reads off the hard drive but it won't actually turn the moniter on.

My system consists of the following

ASUS A8V Deluxe motherboard - driver revision 1017
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Windows XP - service pack 2
1 GB DDR

I've updated the bios and have the current drivers for the card. The AGP slot is fine as i'm able to use another video card without any problems.

Think i could get it to work.. nope, any thoughts?

Cheers.
Old 14th March, 2006, 10:19 AM
Steve Jobs

Can you try the card in another computer to see if its faulty? Its quite possible given what you have described, and you did the right thing by testing the AGP slot with another video card.

Just give it a go in another AGP machine (It can be an AGP 2X/4X or an 8X, so an older motherboard will be ok). If it doesn't work, or if you are unable to test it, take it back to the vendor and RMA it.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!