AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th May, 2006, 01:21 PM

tv-out problems

hi Guys.
hope someone can help me out here.ive got a gigabyte 9600xt card in a Msi nf3 ultra m/b,but last nite the tv-out picture was all garbled and blurry.i uninstalled and reinstalled drivers from 5.4 up to 6.4,but still no luck.how does one know if the tv-out has packed up or not.the display on the monitor is normal,very clear,very crisp,no issues.thanks guys,please help.
Old 8th May, 2006, 01:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to membreya Send a message via MSN to membreya

Howdy gman, what's the latest driver version that you had running up until the image packed itself in?

Also what type of cable are you running to the TV? and have you tried another one?

If it's "garbled" it may just be the connections...but I'm no expert
Old 8th May, 2006, 01:31 PM

hey membreya.
it was the 6.4 drivers,without control panel.also,i have used another tv out cable,same problem on both my tv`s.they both 54 and 72cm flatrons,both new,and ive also got a 6600gt in my pci-xpress rig hooked up to my tv,s,and its fine.and the cable is the normal cable that comes with the card,dont know wot u call it.thanks.
Old 8th May, 2006, 01:43 PM
Banned

Are you able to try the card in another system ...or have you tried cleaning the drivers out of the system..

Also one other thing that I forgot to ask, when your system is booting..is the TV-out image presented..ie can you see your system boot on your TV ..if so is the image clean?
Old 8th May, 2006, 01:52 PM

unfortunately,i dont have another agp system to test on,and yes,the picture displays on the tv during post,but its still messed up,which kinda tells me it aint drivers,but the tv-out is really packing up.i could be wrong.thanks a lot for ur responses membreya.
Old 8th May, 2006, 02:03 PM
Banned

I'm probably wrong, but given that you've tried different cables and you are getting a corrupt image even before the drivers have initialised, it indicates to me that it's fubar
Old 8th May, 2006, 02:13 PM

yeah,like i suspected.a few weeks ago,i was in the bios and the display just got really garbled,on the monitor,then i reset the pc,then it was ok,but then it also started acting weird.wenever i enabled the tv-out,it would clone the display,even if i disabled it,like a movie would play on both displays,tv and monitor,even if i disabled the clone option.thanks a lot for ur help man.cheers.
Old 9th May, 2006, 06:57 AM

Last nite i tried a whole lot of different drivers,but to no avail.then i decided to try the S-video connection on my tv,and voila,it worked perfectly.so it seems somehow the rca connection on my tv-out cables are messed up or the card is just not happy anymore using the rca to tv connection.the weird bit is that it still seems to be connected to my tv,even though the cable is out.thanks heaps,cheers.
Old 9th May, 2006, 09:48 AM
Banned

Well since you changed over the RCA cables, it wouldn't be that ...so it may be the connector on the tv-out.

Have you tried connecting something else to the RCA on the TV?
Old 9th May, 2006, 11:47 AM

yip,i constantly have rcas connected to both my tvs,and they fine,namely my satellite and dvd player,and no probs with both.im still confused as to why the s-video works but not the rca.any ideas.
Old 9th May, 2006, 11:51 AM
Banned

Well we need to look at deduction:

TV-out is constantly garbled, no matter which cable you use (as long as you're using RCA)
RCA plugs work fine on the TV
s-video works and has no corruption

Kind of indicates that the RCA adapter on your video card is dodgy..there's no dry solder joints on the card at all ?
Old 9th May, 2006, 12:13 PM

hmmmmm.....but its a s-video tv-out only with a rca and s-video connector on the end of the cable,meant for tv connection,i thoroughly checked the card last nite,and cant recall any dry solder joints on it.