AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th July, 2006, 01:16 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

First introduction of GDDR4: Radeon X1950XTX

ATi scheduled to release Radeon X1950XTX, the new top model, in late Aug. The new chip, codenamed R580+, has no difference with R580 in term of design, production process, and clock speed, but featured at GDDR4 support.

Read more on the Front Page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/918/2/

Thanks to Cadaveca for bringing this to our attention!

Last edited by Gizmo; 24th July, 2006 at 01:18 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th July, 2006, 03:24 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

I had to be First to point out that i was wrong about that card we saw earlier...
Old 24th July, 2006, 04:36 PM

$399? ---Thats, low for a flagship GPU, but hey I'm not complaining. Good find.
Old 24th July, 2006, 04:43 PM

CArd shown here earlier that i said was this card is x1950Pro. Shown card had R580 mounted to it tho. dunno whether the digital PWM design made the cut, but i hope so!
Old 24th July, 2006, 05:19 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Although the core clock remains unchanged, I'm hoping that the R580 will really benefit from the addition bandwidth.

And that looks like a slightly reworked Artic Cooling Design.

XBL/PNS = neolad

Last edited by Pitch; 24th July, 2006 at 05:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th July, 2006, 05:37 PM

More than slightly, i think. still damn large tho. I miss singleslot cooling! what really IRKS me is that thanks to my watercooling, i DO have singleslot cooling...but the damn backplate is still there!
Old 24th July, 2006, 11:20 PM
Team 45 Folder

Send a message via MSN to Got EpOx Send a message via Skype™ to Got EpOx

Quote:
More than slightly, i think. still damn large tho. I miss singleslot cooling! what really IRKS me is that thanks to my watercooling, i DO have singleslot cooling...but the damn backplate is still there!
Would be nice to just cut off the extra backplate but i guess you need that to sell it later on and make it look in good condition.
232GB Western Digital 'My Book' External HDD USB 2.0
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
Intel GMA 950 Onboard Video
Want to make a difference without leaving your chair?, then join the AOA folding team today!
AOA Folding @Home
Old 7th August, 2006, 08:16 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

I am wondering how the games will look 5 years from now! With a video card core clocked at 1 or maybe 2 Ghz !
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 7th August, 2006, 10:09 AM

we won't have videocards, hopefully.
Old 7th August, 2006, 11:23 AM

Send a message via MSN to Rondog

Care to elaborate on your cryptic comment?

Rig 1: Intel Core i5 750,4gb,HD6870,500gb,W7 Ult x64
Old 7th August, 2006, 11:47 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Maybe the graphic chips will be integrated in the mainboards Nvidia/Intel, AMD/Ati ....
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 7th August, 2006, 01:08 PM

Possible. But based on the AMD merger with ATi, one would assume, AMD wouldnt use nVidia chips for graphics because of their business relationship with ATi. Thus meaning, the few that buy out of brand loyalty or image quality or for whatever reason buy AMD and nVidia (such as members here) by limiting themselves to ATi graphics chips, then AMD are simply alienating half the market.

The same would be said for Intel using only nVidia graphics chips, alienate the market that is primarily Intel/ATi minded. Not smart business operationgs IMHO.

Old 7th August, 2006, 01:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

What does it mean when it says "Ready for Physics?"
Old 7th August, 2006, 02:06 PM

I know ATi (unsure about nVidia) are experimenting with using two or three video cards and using one of them as a dedicated physics processor. Instead of the PhysX processors bought out by Ageia.