AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th August, 2006, 09:08 PM

matrox probs , tft and tft tv

hello
dug out my old pc fic va 503a k6 11 + (1999) for daughter with matrox dual head ,i had at some time had 1 crt monitor and a crt tv working , so i loaded xp home
and plug in a15" tft all fine i then plugged in new tft tv (digilogic c20 lcd 20" ,,tesco ) this has a pc input enable dual head / clone but nothing the tv works fine but no pc desktop the manual makes no reference to pc input also there appears to be no web site for tv.

thanks ianf
Old 28th August, 2006, 09:54 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Stupid question here - what resolution can the TFT TV actually manage? I know that some of the Digilogic TVs cannot handle a resolution higher than 640x480.
Old 28th August, 2006, 11:00 PM

thanks for reply , really don't no the answer do you no of there web site it seems strange that on a double ended D sub 15 pin lead that you get zero ,matrox panel claims second display is active.

ianf
Old 29th August, 2006, 05:38 PM

The best I could manage was the probability that the TV was made by a company called "Vestel". However, their website seems to be pretty poor, and the pages that detail the TVs don't work.

Try setting the second display resolution to something very low, like 640x400 and see if you get any output at that resolution.
Old 29th August, 2006, 07:50 PM

hello
i have tried but would you believe power desk will not let me go below 800 x 600 , i would have thought that the d sub on the tv would be active so you can have a tv picture with a pc picture in a window at least the remote icons look that way i will try there web site filing that i will get a nvidea card trouble is that m/b is agp x2 so i am limited i think the older g4 ti 4200 agp x4 should work, i de installed mtrox then reinstalled but still min is 800x600

ian
Old 29th August, 2006, 08:38 PM

i went to vestrels site there 20" is slightly different , although it states res at 800 x 600 i wonder if the dsub lead is in need of reversal or wired in some otherway i tried the lead on an other tft it works fine. note ther is another input named yprpb in menu ( limited ) it shows a pc where as av rgb show a tv , i thik this is a good product let down by a runnish manual and no hint of manufacturers support. i am now about to rip this setup out of its home in an effort to try and set the tv up. will post again i am certain if tescos sell them this may be of use to others.
Old 18th September, 2006, 09:51 PM

ianF ..did you get your little problem sorted out..ie get the new 20" tv to display the PC....as i'm having the exact same problems...and working on it now..if i get any joy i will let you know..

=== This is an automatically generated message ===

This is tack's first post. The Welcome thread is here. Please post all welcome messages there.

=== This is an automatically generated message ===
Old 18th September, 2006, 10:42 PM

Tack, are you using the same TV?
Old 19th September, 2006, 08:55 PM

yes the same tv from tesco's...but not the same G/card...but still the same problem.!!...any help would be great.
Old 25th September, 2006, 06:27 PM

IANf did you get sorted because i might be able to sort you out.?
Old 26th September, 2006, 09:50 AM

Did you find a resolution to the problem then?