AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th September, 2006, 11:36 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Razer Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphones

"With eight amplifiers contained within its volume control units, eight discrete drivers; six for mid-high frequency, 2 for bass, the Barracuda HP-1 Gaming Headphones are designed to reproduce sonic purity by also utilizing 99% oxygen free copper cables, providing a crisp clear audio signal acrossed audio bus system. From the driver board to the speaker drivers, a high level of audio signal integrity is maintained at all times."

Read more on the Front Page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/1132/2/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th September, 2006, 11:44 PM

Be nice with an x-fi. all these heaphones and buds damage hearing big time though.
4-4-4-12
160GB
256 MB 6800GT 413/1102
Main Rig
AMD 4000+ 2772 MHz w/ DFI SLI DR
2GB Corsair XMS (with LED's of course)@ 2.5-3-2-11 @ 240MHz
250GB HDD SATA2
Xfi-64MB X-Ram
WMCE
7800GTX OC-516(+40Mhz Delta clock)/1300
AOA Team fah
"The motherboard installation section essentially said "refer to motherboard manual for installation instructions". My motherboard manual of course said "refer to case manual for further installation instructions"."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th September, 2006, 11:53 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

And butterknives kill more people each year than headphones.

It's not the appliance, but how it is used.

Last edited by Gizmo; 6th September, 2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 7th September, 2006, 12:48 PM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcatmk3
Be nice with an x-fi. all these heaphones and buds damage hearing big time though.
These phones require 8 amp circuits because they run bass drivers, which are no doubt extremely low efficiencey, and the remaining drivers are between 32-64 ohms impedence, which would result in the average crappy player delivering whisper quiet sound.

The Sennheiser HD595s with their 120 ohms impedence require either being used through a proper stereo amplifier's headphone jack (quarter inch), or a C-Moy or equivliant inline amplifier, as anything else results in no noise to speak of.

So to correct your statement: Crappy headphones and buds damage hearing bigtime. That's completely true. Crappy equipment forces people to turn the volume up a great deal to hear any bass, which results in 80db+ of screech at the high end of the frequencey range, which does all the damage.

And because people are morons and can't be trusted to either moderate, or buy decent quality audio hardware, we now have rubbish like AVLS that basically prevents anyone with good headphones from using their players, period.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 7th September, 2006, 01:49 PM
Breakout Champion

Those headphones are 130$.......a bit pricey if you ask me, but then again i think everything made by Razer is too expensive. I wonder how much their sound card will cost when it comes out. They even have a "gaming" keyboard coming out as well, called "The Tarantula", it looks kinda cheesy on their website.
Ubuntu

HP Pavillion DV9535nr Laptop

AOA Team fah AOA Team files
"Who you callin a psycho?!" Kingpin
Old 8th September, 2006, 03:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

They should work on new mice IMO. We have the 2000dpi copperhead, can't they work on a 2400dpi mouse. Saying that though, they have recently released the 1600dpi krait mouse. It's like an amber coloured LED, 1600dpi version of the copperhead.

But if i wanted headphones, i would go speedlink. For keyboards, if i could afford one (or could be bothered to spend that much), saitek. For mice, it's Razer. That's how it's meant to be, not Razer everything.

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Old 10th September, 2006, 01:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Nate-X Send a message via AIM to Nate-X

Where was a price on these? I didn't see one.. Am I just blind? bleargh.
Old 10th September, 2006, 09:42 AM
Breakout Champion

On the razer website go to the razer online store and you can see the prices for their products.
Ubuntu

HP Pavillion DV9535nr Laptop

AOA Team fah AOA Team files
"Who you callin a psycho?!" Kingpin
Old 11th September, 2006, 10:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

Ok, i take it back about headphones, i picked up some Sigma CMH51's from Makro for £4.26, incredible quality as well.

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Old 11th September, 2006, 10:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nate-X Send a message via AIM to Nate-X

I used their 'all products' and even sorted by how new.. still don't see a price.. even clicked on the buy option for the earphones bleargh. I guess I'm too stupid to find a price