AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd October, 2006, 06:40 AM

HIS X1900XT tv out issue

Hi guys.

i recently bought a HIS Radeon Excalibur x1900xt,a very nice card,but im struggling to get the tv-out to work.i tried all the different adapters that came with the card,but no luck.it only displays tv-out when i reboot,then it shows the post and Windows boot up process,but as soon as it hits the desktop,it switches back to the monitor only.Also,it will not post on both monitor and tv,when i do reboot.All the cards before this was very straight forward,very easy,am i doing something wrong,or is it possible the tv-out aint working correctly.Im running the latest 6.9 drivers with all the other ati software,like the ccc,wdm driver and avivo package.

cheers.
Old 2nd October, 2006, 03:22 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

I have no ideea about your problem but I am interested in that card, what is your system config? How it performes? Tx
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd October, 2006, 05:33 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

Hi Gman15,
i have had a similar issue with all my nvidia cards. I was having problems with the DVI port working. I had to have 2 monitors connected, one on VGA and the other on the DVI via a VGA-DVI adapter. In my graphics card control panel, it was set to only use the VGA port. I had to detect monitors, and it picked both of them up. Then, before i did anything else, i disconnected the monitor attached to the VGA port (it was a cRT and the one on the DVI port was TFT). Then i restarted windows and it was all sorted. Just to be on the safe side, i detected displays again from within the graphics card control panel. That should help you. If not, post back and i'm sure someone can help.

Thanks,
Scott.

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th October, 2006, 07:29 AM

thanks School h8r.
im not exactly sure,but im using the cable that has the s-video and rca connectors on it,i think its a multi cable.i asked a few buds to help me as well,but we cant get the tv out to work,the moment i have the rca connected to my tv,as it goes past post,the monitor goes off and it only shows the Windows loading on the tv,but as soon as it hits the desktop,it goes back to the monitor and the tv goes off.thanks.
Gigabyte K8n sli mb
3500+ 939(Venice)
Geil 2x512mb ddr400
Creative Audigy 4 scard
Logitech 5.1 Z5300
Aopen 400w Psu(atx 2.0)
His excalibur x1900xt
Gensat Menoceros tower with 240mm side fan
MS kb+mouse
Logitech Momo wheel
Seagate 80g Sata2
Leadtek tv card
Old 5th October, 2006, 07:31 AM

oh yes,my scores.
3d Mark 2003-15836
3d Mark 2005-8761
3d Mark 2006-4747
Old 5th October, 2006, 08:40 AM

Send a message via MSN to Rondog

I've had this problem with at first my 9600XT then my 9800 Pro. Took me two video cards to work out the issue. Just using the TV-OUT from the card to s-video or RCA input on the TV (whichever is available depending on how old the TV is).

Then, right click on the desktop and hit properties. Then, using the image supplied:
1. hit settings at the top
2. select the greyed out box with a '2' in it
3. enable the check box at the bottom that says "extend my windows desktop on to this monitor"

Should work a charm.

This is because ATi cards recognize the TV-Out as a separate monitor and needs to be enabled in windows through display properties. It works on the TV as it is starting up, and then it cuts out when the ATi display drivers kick in.
Attached Thumbnails
HIS X1900XT tv out issue-gman.jpg  

Rig 1: Intel Core i5 750,4gb,HD6870,500gb,W7 Ult x64

Last edited by Rondog; 5th October, 2006 at 08:40 AM.
Old 5th October, 2006, 10:00 AM

Naah,ive tried that,i had a 9600 xt before this,so i know the tv out settings,im starting to suspect the tv-out is dodgy,i hope im wrong.thanks a million anyways for ur guys feedback,but i will try one more time tonite.

cheers.
Old 5th October, 2006, 12:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Do you have the tv connected and od during boot up. Again I speak from nvidia experience here but, you can force detect a tv but it usually works better if you connect your displays and have them on then boot up your rig.
Old 9th October, 2006, 07:50 AM

Hi guys.
the problem is sorted,its the Ati 6.9 drivers.i went back to the 6.8,and it worked fine,weird though,first time Ati drivers gives me issues,they normally very stable.

thanks.