AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd March, 2002, 02:51 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SciShock Send a message via AIM to SciShock Send a message via Yahoo to SciShock

Geforce4 Price Drop

Have you guys noticed?!?!?
I just freaken bought the geforce 4 ti-4400 (leadtek) for $307 a week ago and is coming on Friday!! they droped price to $266 at pricewatch!! WTF!?!!?
..well leadtek is still @ $305 but still!
Old 22nd March, 2002, 04:17 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

PC components may be the only things that become cheaper and more capable over time. "Gotta have it now!" tends to cost a lot. Bleeding Edge is called that for a reason.

The cheapest quote on Pricewatch usually means nothing. Why? Because sending your money to most of the places that advertise the lowest price is a big mistake. You'll pay enough in grinding teeth and heartache to more than cover the "savings."
Old 22nd March, 2002, 04:45 AM
Banned

Like cloasters says, Bleeding Edge comes at a price. I dumped my GF3 last year for that exact reason, only lost $60 in the process... grabbed the radeon with VIVO and still had $110 left in my pocket. Now I've got 1 year+ (and counting) out of the radeon and more months to come with nothing really big needing a new video card set to be released... I'd hate to see how I'd feel if I had held on to the GF3 all this time...

You live and you learn I guess.
Old 22nd March, 2002, 02:46 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nate-X Send a message via AIM to Nate-X

Hopefully it'll drop even more by the time I get the $$$ to buy it heheh.. I'm the type who'll upgrade a system and keep it that way for a few years.. as long as it plays the games I want it to I'm fine heheh
Old 23rd March, 2002, 01:50 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Speaking of GF4's. Anyone have a take on the GF4 MX440 in general, and the one made by eVGA in particular? Newegg offer's the eVGA GF4 MX440 for $102, shipped. My Elsa GF "1" is getting a wee bit old. Power hungry and hot, as well. Thank you for the advise!
Old 23rd March, 2002, 07:19 PM

Not sure if giving you a link to this place with a review on one is ok
But if it isnt, im sure I will be corrected
http://www.athlonxp.com/modules.php?...ews_mx440.html

That place has a review on one.
Old 24th March, 2002, 07:03 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Thanks for the link, demonx! Sheesh, I wonder if a mid-level GF2 or maybe a low-mid level GF3 would be a better idea? The GF4 MX440 pumps out more than 3.5 times as many triangles per second than the TNT/16Mb did. That's real progress! Then again, I don't know what most of the Video benchmarks really mean. Bigger is better... right?

To the best of my knowledge, posting links to a site or article/review that's apropos to the thread is OK. As long as they aren't your own sites!
Old 24th March, 2002, 08:17 PM

I would recommned a geofrce3 ti200 myself, pretty good price, overclocks well and should server you well. Or perhaps maybe wait for the geforce4 ti4200.

Ah ok on the sites, my site is currently dead and im too lazy to work on it at the moment anyways
Old 24th March, 2002, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cloasters
Speaking of GF4's. Anyone have a take on the GF4 MX440 in general, and the one made by eVGA in particular? Newegg offer's the eVGA GF4 MX440 for $102, shipped. My Elsa GF "1" is getting a wee bit old. Power hungry and hot, as well. Thank you for the advise!
Ive seen ti200 cards around for a very similar price and there a better buy than the GF4MX cards.

Demon X nobody minds you posting links to other sites.

Its just pimping non allied sites for no reason or having them in your sig that is against the rules.

If you have a interesting article then post it up in the relavent section, I dont think anybody will mind.

[EDIT] No E in deamon DOH!!!

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!