AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th March, 2007, 01:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

Need a new MP3/4 Player....Suggestions

Im after a new MP3 player but want MP4 abilities aswell and i just can decide what to do, Cost is a concern as it always is. My current standpoint is to stick with what i know and get myself a 30GB Ipod Video but I have recently started to see all the hype about the Microsoft's Zune (which isnt avalible in the UK)

What do you guys think and any suggestions would be great!

CheersĀ¬!

Last edited by Razorfish; 15th March, 2007 at 01:18 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th March, 2007, 02:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to fantomfreq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorfish
Im after a new MP3 player but want MP4 abilities aswell and i just can decide what to do, Cost is a concern as it always is. My current standpoint is to stick with what i know and get myself a 30GB Ipod Video but I have recently started to see all the hype about the Microsoft's Zune (which isnt avalible in the UK)

What do you guys think and any suggestions would be great!

CheersĀ¬!
I wouldn't be so quick to jump on the Zune boat. There are some advantages, like the larger screen (although its the same resolution as the iPod) but they just don't outweigh the disadvantages. My brother got one for Christmas, so I got a little time to play with it. The music sharing feature is a neat idea, but the implementation leaves a bit to be desired. Also, the software isn't quite stable yet.

Also, it's about three months old and it's already broken.

Check out your other options..... However, the Zune just isn't worth getting at this point in time. Maybe in a couple years Microsoft will have a killer product on their hands, but currently it seems rushed and ill-equipped to stack up to the competition.
Old 15th March, 2007, 03:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

Cheers for that Fantom, thats exactly what i needed....i cant seem to get any decent "user" reviews as im in the UK.... Looks like im learning toward a 30gb video ipod...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th May, 2007, 10:59 PM
AOA Staff

Hi Razorfish! Didn't notice you nipping in here, in March!

Last edited by danrok; 29th May, 2007 at 10:59 PM.