AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th April, 2007, 03:36 PM

Nvidia G-Force 7600 GT in Sli Under Vista.

Hi there.

I upgraded to windows Vista, which works all just fine. but in XP i had graphics drivers from here, the Modded 85.96. It tels me in Vista that i am not using windows.. lol.. But not so lol is that i cant use them... now i only run on 1 Vidcard, and i would like, ofcourse, to use SLI under vista..

I have been searching for a driver, but i cant seem to find any.. all kinds of numbers.. i downloaded the latest version drivers for my card, but get no option to activate SLI..

Anyone any idea what drivers, modded or not, i need to get these Nvidia G-Force 7600 GT cards working in SLI again ?..

TIA..

And i am not sure about the universe...

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd May, 2007, 10:43 AM

terminal

hey dude
can't really answer your question but I'm also having difficulty gettin updated driver for my 7600 gs any clues?
Old 3rd May, 2007, 12:50 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Is there any help on the M$ site about the SLI options?

Another reason I will not be running to VIsta anytime soon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd May, 2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminal
hey dude
can't really answer your question but I'm also having difficulty gettin updated driver for my 7600 gs any clues?

Updating aint a problem, but even the latest Gforce drivers do not support SLI. I think that is a major mistake by Gforce.. not Vista.. And if no one ever opens his mouth, nothing ever changes.. so.. i would say, complain, complain, complain.. he who nags, always gets in front of line...

BTW.. i heard someone i know a long time say that SLI aint worth the throuble anyway.. so basically i wasted money on 2 cards, while i had been smarter to buy 1 better card.. i beginning to believe he is right.

AOA Team fah
Old 3rd May, 2007, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuknow
Is there any help on the M$ site about the SLI options?

Another reason I will not be running to VIsta anytime soon.

Sorry m8, but then you are the one losing out. I wish that people stop blaming Vista for everything. This is an Nvidia's blunder... Not Vista's... not supporting anything that they sell for 6 months already.. bastards.. this IS however the last time i buy any card from Nvidia.. you can only fool me once.

Screw em..

AOA Team fah
Old 3rd May, 2007, 04:45 PM

I have still heard of too many other issues from friends using Vista. Add them all up, and it seems a little early to jump in the water.
Old 3rd May, 2007, 04:53 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Try these drivers, http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html

nvidia are working heavily on there vista drivers as generally so far they suck with dx10 support in the 8 series and sli in the 7 series..

note thats a beta driver, the latest official driver http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.18.html enabled support for sli in vista, however its had known problems

Last edited by keithwalton; 3rd May, 2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 3rd May, 2007, 05:56 PM

What else is new ?...

Thanks m8.. i seem to have the 9.6.8.5 version. which in no way translate's into 158.18... Why cant they just use 1 version number, and not make it so damn confusing ?...

AOA Team fah
Old 3rd May, 2007, 08:59 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

you have version 96.85 i think, they took a big jump in numbers to 150+ (15.8.18 i believe the current one corresponds to) when doing dx10 / vista drivers.

All the new features are on that page i believe, let us know how it goes!
7600 sli is an interesting idea since a single 7900 is probably faster and cheaper!
Old 3rd May, 2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
you have version 96.85 i think, they took a big jump in numbers to 150+ (15.8.18 i believe the current one corresponds to) when doing dx10 / vista drivers.

All the new features are on that page i believe, let us know how it goes!
7600 sli is an interesting idea since a single 7900 is probably faster and cheaper!

Well, the 7600 Fatality GT was the best choice for gamers like me, i was told, and looking at the stats, and the prices at the time, this seemed to be indeed the best choice.

Ill install the latest drivers, as supplied by you, Mr keithwalton , and let you know the result..

AOA Team fah

Last edited by The_DuDe; 3rd May, 2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 3rd May, 2007, 10:12 PM

Driver installed without problem. version given: 7.15.11.5824.

It tells me it has SLI, but i cant see any setting to actually enable that. i will use Nvidia to determen if i use SLi or not...

So far, so good...

AOA Team fah
Old 3rd May, 2007, 10:37 PM

Nope.. SLi will not enable.. there is a 3D setting for games, but they all tell me they use sli, however if i rfun the SLI detector i downloaded from Nvidia, it tells me i am not using SLI...

Anybody has a prozac left ?...

AOA Team fah
Old 3rd May, 2007, 11:42 PM
Member/Contributor

thats a bummer is that with the beta driver ?
looks like nvidia are at least trying, given time they might publish a working sli driver, which is better than amd are doing each driver revision they're releasing addresses lots of meaningless problems and makes normal everyday stuff like using a dual monitors alot worse
Old 4th May, 2007, 12:17 AM

Nope.. that was with the official drivers.. the .18

Now i will try the beta (.24) tomorrow.. and report back what the results are.

For now they obviously cant seem to make their own stuff work...

AOA Team fah
Old 4th May, 2007, 11:23 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

ATI is supporting Vista with several drivers ! Go ATI !
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 4th May, 2007, 01:25 PM

Yeah.. well.. Nvidia is supporting Vista with all their drivers.. they are just not supporting SLi...

The beta drivers do not only not support SLi, they don't even have settings.

Only good thing about them, is that they seem faster then any driver i tried before..

AOA Team fah
Old 4th May, 2007, 01:53 PM
Member/Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
ATI is supporting Vista with several drivers ! Go ATI !
You mean AMD! and supporting is one thing being any good is another.

Prime example is my computer will not boot into windows with both my monitors attached it just reboots repeatidly. If i unplug the second monitor windows immediatly boots up.

Reconnect the monitor and it auto jumps into clone mode, which is not what i had extendid desktop!
If i goto ccc and then select extend onto second monitor instead of clone, both screen go blank!
If however i disable the cloned monitor then select extend, all is fine!

Except for the fact it refuses to display at 1360x768, as according to powerstrip its trying to display 1920x1080.. which my monitor doesnt support.

These are all new 'features' with the latest and greatest cat 7.4

Add to this no matter which port i plug my main monitor in (lcd via vga converter) its labled the second monitor. plugging the other monitor in via a dvi to hdmi converter always comes up as the number 1 labled display.
The lcd is set in windows as the primary desktop whilst the dvi connected tv is the 'extendid'
This confuses the hell out of games which only let me use the tv's resolutions but then when i play them it displays them on the lcd at the wrong res!

They may support vista, but they are appauling!
Old 4th May, 2007, 02:31 PM

I agree.. they were fast with supporting Vista.. but they fooking suck as a company...

AOA Team fah

Last edited by The_DuDe; 4th May, 2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 4th May, 2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
You mean AMD! and supporting is one thing being any good is another.

Prime example is my computer will not boot into windows with both my monitors attached it just reboots repeatidly. If i unplug the second monitor windows immediatly boots up.

Reconnect the monitor and it auto jumps into clone mode, which is not what i had extendid desktop!
If i goto ccc and then select extend onto second monitor instead of clone, both screen go blank!
If however i disable the cloned monitor then select extend, all is fine!

Except for the fact it refuses to display at 1360x768, as according to powerstrip its trying to display 1920x1080.. which my monitor doesnt support.

These are all new 'features' with the latest and greatest cat 7.4

Add to this no matter which port i plug my main monitor in (lcd via vga converter) its labled the second monitor. plugging the other monitor in via a dvi to hdmi converter always comes up as the number 1 labled display.
The lcd is set in windows as the primary desktop whilst the dvi connected tv is the 'extendid'
This confuses the hell out of games which only let me use the tv's resolutions but then when i play them it displays them on the lcd at the wrong res!

They may support vista, but they are appauling!
I really hope you get this sorted. I do not need this kind of functionality. Or lack of. I will still hold of for some time. Maybe when everyone here seems to be reporting goodness, perhaps then.
Old 4th May, 2007, 04:30 PM

Again.. this is not Vista's fault.. M$ can be blamed for a lot, but this is Nvidia sucking monkeyballs....

AOA Team fah