AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th June, 2007, 05:12 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

http://www.fallingleafsystems.com/compatibility/

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th June, 2007, 05:17 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

We'll see about that but I smell more PITA coming from these "libraries". Anyway the effort is worth mentioning. Thanks Pitch!
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th June, 2007, 08:14 PM
Benchmarker

Talking

Meanwhile...
Attached Thumbnails
8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-guess.jpg  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 12th June, 2007, 08:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to bonesaw

i will be joining this club soon hopefully
g. skill 6400 5-5-5-15-2t 4 gigs
Evga 450 gts
Thermaltake Armor
Ocz700w
300gb Seagate ide + Seagate 750gb sata
Logitech thx 5300 5.1
Acer 19' wide al1916w
Old 12th June, 2007, 10:11 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
Yeah Daniel I think you should not buy a new graphic card unless you're ready to have Vista installed. Otherwise there is no DX10 and no DX10 game on your computer. This is the cruel reality !
Neither cruel, nor reality as it turns out.":O}

Dude face it, you sold out for toys, now I don't mind you having them, but I don't want what they cost. My position is simple, evil men own this world, I'm just trying to live in it. I will deal with the Bill's of this world when I absolutely must. I use 2000 pro after all and morally there is only a little (Phone home DRM and mess of other crap) difference between the two.

However I will need something more compelling than what you've mentioned before I give Bill any more money. When it takes more trouble to mess with 2000 pro than it's worth I'll know it.

Hopefully Vista will be more than a Gates wet dream of wealth by the time I need it, but I doubt it. I think Vista may well be MS first huge flop, as in the REAL world telling MS we don't like it, we don't want it and we sure as hell won't buy it.

So, to each his own, I own principles, you own vista! LOL!

P.S. I bought Halo by mistake, I didn't realize it was an MS product. sorry, won't happen again! ":O}

The Anti-Vista wars have begun! ":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 12th June, 2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 13th June, 2007, 03:20 AM
Metal Wizard

Aw yes Sam but what is it you are running so cool? And what pray tell are you using to read those cold temps? Are you chillin your water?
Let me know these things.

WZ
Old 13th June, 2007, 04:41 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Chris, As iI re-read my last post to you, it seems to me that what I had hoped would be seen as humorous, might be taken a bit to seriously...We be good.":O}

We be brothers in hardware! ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Last edited by Daniel ~; 13th June, 2007 at 04:41 AM.
Old 13th June, 2007, 06:42 AM
Benchmarker

Exactly, you are not so excited about the new stuff and you can still play using 2000. But when the time comes and you'll see the new games and goodies that can't be emulated on XP or 2000 then you will do it I want it faster you want it slower, there's no big difference.

Old 13th June, 2007, 11:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

My x2 3800 @ 2700 @ 1.45 volts.

My 7900 @ 580/ 790

Both are in the loop. I measure water temp with a probe and an aquarium thermometer in my res. I measure core and GPU temp with several programs. All come with in 1 C of each other. I also have another temp probe touching the cpu. It reads lower because it is not at the source of the heat. Not chilled yet. Water temp now is 26C or 79F. CPU 32 loaded. GPU 39 Idle....
Old 13th June, 2007, 11:31 AM
Benchmarker

Hell thats nice but you forgot to mention that you keep your rig inside your fridge

Last edited by chrisbard; 13th June, 2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 13th June, 2007, 11:57 AM

Thought about it...

I think my wife would count that as the final straw though....lol
Old 18th June, 2007, 02:23 PM
Benchmarker

With latest XG modded drivers Call of Juarez DX10 benchmark is running great ! Did you guys tested the "beast" with this bench?

Old 18th June, 2007, 03:09 PM

Hey, have you downloaded the inferno demo from steam?

Pretty cool.

Great graphics. Probably look great on that 8800
Old 18th June, 2007, 03:11 PM
Benchmarker

LOL funny you mention it, I did dld some 400 Mb when having to restart the PC after installing something I forgot that I was dldng. Bleah I will dld again if you say is worth.

PS you mean Infernal I think?

Last edited by chrisbard; 18th June, 2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 18th June, 2007, 03:49 PM

That's it..It is 3rd person but very cool. I think you will like it. I like it enough to possibly pick it up retail.
Old 18th June, 2007, 06:31 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbard
Exactly, you are not so excited about the new stuff and you can still play using 2000. But when the time comes and you'll see the new games and goodies that can't be emulated on XP or 2000 then you will do it I want it faster you want it slower, there's no big difference.
As I've told you before, when 2000 become more trouble than it's worth I'll know it. And Vista may force it's way upon my desktop. But it won't be because I have to have the new weather it's worth having or not.

Nor because someone else thought I should so that they will be more comfortable with their choice.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 19th June, 2007, 07:11 AM
Benchmarker

Welcome to the club Daniel !

Old 19th June, 2007, 07:16 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Why thank you Chris, say, that's a really nice Graphic card you list in your signature, ever try and over clock it?
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 19th June, 2007, 12:38 PM
Benchmarker

Wink

Yup I got the core at 660 stable and the memory @ 1700. But the memory I can test further.

Old 19th June, 2007, 02:02 PM

Guess I should sign up ... do I get a cookie in the process, or just jaw-dropping pictures on my screen when playing stalker?

ATM my little 8800 gts (640 mb) is running stock ... as I havent been able to make it sweat at stock, and my time is limited I just havent gotten around to seeing what it can really do yet

I think I might need to get a new monitor though ... 1280x1024 makes it yawn

AOA Team fah