AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th June, 2007, 08:03 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Arrow

Some pics from Oblivion max settings;
Attached Thumbnails
8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-oblivion-2007-06-26-21-35   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-oblivion-2007-06-26-21-35   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-oblivion-2007-06-26-21-35   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-oblivion-2007-06-26-21-36   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-oblivion-2007-06-26-21-37  

I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th June, 2007, 08:05 PM
Benchmarker

And some more;
Attached Thumbnails
8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-oblivion-2007-06-26-21-37   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-oblivion-2007-06-26-21-38   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-oblivion-2007-06-26-21-38  
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th June, 2007, 10:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

On the brick pathways, it appears that AF is not working to well.
Old 26th June, 2007, 11:55 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccperf721p
I couldn't afford to lose any of the poorly placed pci slots on my Asus so I had to make a stop at danger den. When/If I go SLI I will have to grab another but it's better than having the fan on the GPU cooler sucking dust off the floor of my case.

I will be in good shape when they start making sound cards with a PCI-E interface.
Please let me know what the fit-up is like. Getting mine back tomorrow, should have been today, but misunderstandings ensued. Koolance says it's having difficulties getting the stand off depth right from one card maker to the next...?
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 27th June, 2007, 01:55 AM

I will be sure to post up how well the DD unit fits and performs. Picked up some fresh batteries for my camera so i can do up a review. (In HTML form. LOL)

I'm going to have to run it with the stock cooler for at least one more payday though. My silverstone that just came back from RMA a few weeks ago is going back again. Tired of that PSU so I bought a PCP&C 750 in the hopes of not having to RMA another PSU or risk killing parts. I have an OCZ 600 GameXstream but I am not real happy with that unit either.

I am going to be water cooling the northbridge so I have to come up with something to cool the southbridge and the mosfets once I remove the heatpipe stuff, but I am out of money to be spent on computers this month. Might have to drop some prices in my F/S thread to move some stuff so I can keep moving forward on this project.

Last edited by ccperf721p; 27th June, 2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old 27th June, 2007, 07:37 AM
Benchmarker

Yeah I will take a look at it tonight. This game engine is somewhat similar with Stalker's it can't display AA and HDR in the same time. Also everything inside is to the max. Haven't seen AF in the settings. I will try and force it from nv ctrlpanel.

Old 27th June, 2007, 10:57 AM
Benchmarker

So, what else we need to know about Crysis, before playing the demo?

Find it here !

Old 27th June, 2007, 04:18 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccperf721p
I will be sure to post up how well the DD unit fits and performs. Picked up some fresh batteries for my camera so i can do up a review. (In HTML form. LOL)

I'm going to have to run it with the stock cooler for at least one more payday though. My silverstone that just came back from RMA a few weeks ago is going back again. Tired of that PSU so I bought a PCP&C 750 in the hopes of not having to RMA another PSU or risk killing parts. I have an OCZ 600 GameXstream but I am not real happy with that unit either.

I am going to be water cooling the northbridge so I have to come up with something to cool the southbridge and the mosfets once I remove the heatpipe stuff, but I am out of money to be spent on computers this month. Might have to drop some prices in my F/S thread to move some stuff so I can keep moving forward on this project.
Great to have another active O/C'er. Make that thursday afternoon on my parts, so probably Firday before I'll be posting anything here. Two weeks probably before I get something for from page. Be great to have both DD and KL covered front page!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 27th June, 2007, 05:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

It would be nice to get that comparison. The systems may differ a little but it will be great.
Old 27th June, 2007, 06:24 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

ccperf721p, I hate to give up and just ask, but does your on-line nick have a meaning, ya gotta understand, I spent months trying to understand dsio's, only to find out his freaking cat typed it at random...

I limit myself now as to how much I'll emotionally invest myself in the exploration of member Nicks... did I say to much? ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 30th June, 2007, 06:44 PM

My nick is a combination of my business, C and C Performance (Which is Cliff and Cliff, my Dad and I) and my NHRA competition number 721P.

My nick on other sites is CPDMF which is my initials followed by Driving M-F'r . It's a long story that follows that one. I've been driving race cars since I was 15, had to get a fake license to drive at 15 but I started out driving sprints and it took me two years to get to the point where I was driving alcohol injected sprints. Had a crash and fire when I was 17, my Mom was in the stands that night and it devastated her to watch the events so I walked away from sprint cars and started drag racing. Since then even on the drag strips there have been times when my experience with sprints has come in handy. Like having to avoid a car coming from the other lane and hitting the wall in my lane.

Anyway. Count me in to the 8800 club. I's in my rig but still on stock cooler, which is worthless BTW so I'll have to fix that ASAP. Should get my block early next week, I will have to wait until the weekend to install it so I can take my time and get some good step by step pics for the review.

Last edited by ccperf721p; 30th June, 2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 30th June, 2007, 07:15 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Ah! So it was worth the asking! ":O}

Got mine back from Koolance much improved, I just have to get use to the idea that water cooling is not magic and won't do what I want just because I want it...other than that...I'm OK!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 2nd July, 2007, 06:02 PM
Benchmarker

Wink

Well I have something for you guys
Attached Thumbnails
8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-lostplanetdx9-2007-07-02-19-38   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-lostplanetdx9-2007-07-02-19-38   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-lostplanetdx9-2007-07-02-19-39   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-lostplanetdx9-2007-07-02-19-39   8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-lostplanetdx9-2007-07-02-19-39  

Old 3rd July, 2007, 08:42 AM

I am just not having any luck lately. My waterblock for the 8800 showed up today, unfotunately it is for a GTX and they didn't include any fittings. This is the second time in a row I have had trouble getting stuff from DangerDen. The last time I ordered a TDX and accelerator kit, the accelerator kit they sent me had 2 blanks and 3 number 3's in it. The block came with a #3 in it as well. They were eager to please when I emailed them but I think I will take my business elsewhere and just get refunded. Lack of Quality Control seems to be the norm anymore and it's really starting to get old.

I ordered a 88 series plate for my MCW60 and a heatsink kit from swiftech. While I was there and just saved a bunch of money by not going to a full cover block I grabbed a MCW30 for the Northbridge as well. Looks like it will be a few more days until I can really lean on this 8800 and there won't be any review of the DD block now.

I'll have to find something else to do up a review on.

Last edited by ccperf721p; 3rd July, 2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 3rd July, 2007, 09:32 AM
Benchmarker

Hmm, sorry to hear that !

Old 3rd July, 2007, 09:45 AM

It's almost enough to drive a man to Dell.

I'm sure it will work out in the end. The stock coolers on these GTS' aren't very good at all. Mine idled at 60 degrees and load was 78. I cleaned everything up and gave it the ceramique treatment and got it down to 55/68 but that still isn't that good.
Old 3rd July, 2007, 04:41 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

"the ceramique treatment"?
Thermal paste or something new? What do you like for thermal paste? I'm using three or four year old tube of Arctic silver...?

I went from 50-55 at idle to 39-42 at idle. Ambient now at 69.8F Idle 39-40C on card 35-36 on CPU at 3600/1.45 volts (very low I know have a odd board voltage wise but seems to put out the same temps as other boards but at lower voltage settings.) Cores 53/53.
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 11th July, 2007, 04:53 AM
Metal Wizard

Pardon the mess!!

On my desk but I just kinda got in a hurry to get things out of the way. So i could get my new monitor up and running. It is a westinghouse 32 inch. I ordered a DVI to HDMI cable from Newegg to get it the signal. I am running it at 1600 X 900 and guys it is simply the brightest best picture I have ever seen in my room. It just blows away my 19 inch widescreen monitor. I have been checking out scenic movies, Concerts, Serious Sam, COD2 Reading different print. It is huge but it is just crystal clear. My 8800 GTS handles it just fine!! My machine is running at 3600 mhz. Hey guys it is 104F here today and time to slow it down. The card is running at 575/825. I am not sure I can withstand being this close to the monitor. I am considering a 26,27 or 28 inch. For entertainment this is just unreal!! Well hey I am off to the beach til monday!! Stay cool.....
Here is a low res shot 640 x 480.

WZ
Attached Thumbnails
8800 and 8800 SLI AOA CLUB-img_3670.jpg  

Last edited by weldzilla; 11th July, 2007 at 04:55 AM.
Old 11th July, 2007, 09:31 AM
Benchmarker

Thats a sick monitor I will not ask the price

PS Use welding protection mask/glasses while watching (the brightness of) that baby

Last edited by chrisbard; 11th July, 2007 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11th July, 2007, 07:11 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

NOTHING does it like a big new monitor! Everything else is just what it takes to make the pretty pictures go!
Glad your enjoying it! Still have to suck it up every time I see mine! ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur