AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd June, 2007, 01:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Four Wide Screen 19" Monitors Compared

Are you looking for a new display for your new gaming rig?

Front Page

Discuss?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd June, 2007, 05:11 PM

I bought the 940BW about 2mths ago.
Cant say I agreed wholly with his judgement on the designs etc - I think the 940BW is by far the better looking montor of the four (though the last one has a cool base/stand).
Without comparing it with the others - I cant otherwise say I agree or disagree -but Im happy using it.
Old 28th June, 2007, 12:05 AM

My wife is running a 940BW, she picked it out and I was pleased with her choice. 7 months old, no dead pixels and she is happy! One of the reasons (besides the sharpness of the screen) she picked the Samsung was there were no speakers installed. LCD monitors NEVER have quality speakers in them , and she (and I as well) really felt like the 940BW looked the best because it didn't have a fat band on the bottom or sides containing speakers that would NEVER be used.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th June, 2007, 12:43 AM
Steve Jobs

Here's to that.

I accidentally ended up with the 'sound bar' addon for one of my 24s, and the sound it produced when playing music is nearly identical to the sound my 386DX40 used to make through its PC speaker when I was playing Wolfenstein 3D, and a Nazi footsoldier turned around and opened fire.

The addon, i might add was supposedly valued at $70. (Roughly 12 large cheese pizzas with stuffed crust in other words).
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 28th June, 2007, 04:14 PM

I much prefer the looks of the Asus. The Samsung just looks like every other TFT out there. At least Asus are making some effort aesthetics wise....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]