AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st July, 2007, 03:51 PM

Kitten Proof monitors???

Hey guys both me and my girlfriend have 19" TFT widescreen monitors and do a lot of gaming. However our new 9 week old kittens also try and kill the bad guy by hitting the screen. Is there anything that I can get to put over the screen to save them from any damage?
4gb OCZ SLI 8500 DDR2 RAM
2x Nvidia 8800GTX
Creative X-Fi Xtream Gamer Fatal1ty Professional 7.1
Enermax 1000W Galaxy PSU
Asus 19" Wide Screen Monitor.
14320 3Dmark06 @ 1440x900
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st July, 2007, 04:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

There are some anti glare screens that will protect the screen. They may be a little spendy though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st July, 2007, 05:52 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Yep I'd go with the anti-glare or, if you are feeling adventurous you could go to a glass shop and have them cut you a piece of glass to put infront of the monitor, that is likely to be a bit cheaper too

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 21st July, 2007, 09:49 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

One might Velcro a pane of glass in place, mind the weight though...
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 21st July, 2007, 10:57 PM
Member/Contributer

Lion droppings

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 21st July, 2007, 11:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Necorum Send a message via MSN to Necorum Send a message via Yahoo to Necorum

Duct tape their paws during gaming sessions so they walk all funny and cant jump up to the computer screen...

Also video tape it

3dMark 11: P7023
3dMark Vantage: P31097
Old 22nd July, 2007, 12:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

i'm with Necorum on this one

Old 22nd July, 2007, 01:17 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

A piece of plexi or lexan would be lighter than glass. Although it scratches more easily, I would still think it would work well enough.
Old 22nd July, 2007, 02:31 AM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daston
Hey guys both me and my girlfriend have 19" TFT widescreen monitors and do a lot of gaming. However our new 9 week old kittens also try and kill the bad guy by hitting the screen. Is there anything that I can get to put over the screen to save them from any damage?
Congratulate your girlfriend on her recent litter for me
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 22nd July, 2007, 03:09 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio

Pretty good catch man...
Old 22nd July, 2007, 04:59 AM
Metal Wizard

A new game .... Splat the Cat! don't get in the habit of letting them go where they want. Soon they will be on your counter tops where you put food.. that is just damn gross... you are the master they are the pet.
Try to remember that.

WZ
Old 22nd July, 2007, 06:21 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

You farmers will never understand city pet owners! LOL
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 23rd July, 2007, 04:16 AM
Metal Wizard

you know Daniel, you may well be right. Those of us that have raised animals to sell and butcher out and process over the years really do dee them different. I know people whose lives are scheduled around their animals. the only thing like that in farming is a dairy. you are an absolute slave to a herd of milk cows. they must be milked every 12 hours and in the same order every time to get the most milk out of them on a steady basis. they must be fed grain preferably with molasses while being milked
I was heart broke when we sold out our herd though I will tell you.
I had a real rep in the farm country for getting along with milk cows and being easy on equipment. So I went to work for a dairy farmer and left home at age 12. That was 1968 I went to work for $40 a week plus room and board. I walked into the bunk house. I had the whole place to myself
the wall were papered with playboy centerfolds. I thought I was in heaven. I milked the herd and put up hey and did whatever needed done to keep the dairy running. Life was good during that time period. It lasted just about a year. Then some geologist discovered magnasite deposits on the property and soon the farm was sold and a magnasite mine and processing plant moved in. It was really hard to move home after all that independance. In that year I learned alot about mechanics and I got my start as a welder also. I did not have a lot of knowledge of the welding but, I was very good at it. I feel sorry for today's youth that really can't work in earnest till they are 16 according to the law. On the dairy the cows got milked 7 days a week the people that hired me would be arrest for all the hours i worked. hah... Yeah Daniel I look at animals as just that animals. On a large farm every animal has a purpose, nothing just hangs out as a pet. if cats don't keep mice out of the grainery then that cat goes bye bye for one that does. But on the farm all cats do cuz they only get a little milk the food they gather for themselves.
Its a wonderful life.......... I always manged to find time to hunt and fish.
Just another food source for us, not a damn sport.

WZ
Old 4th August, 2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
That made me laugh more than I have in weeks. Me and my partner have been sitting here snorting like the little children we are....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Old 4th August, 2007, 12:05 PM
Steve Jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin
That made me laugh more than I have in weeks. Me and my partner have been sitting here snorting like the little children we are....
Well you're more than welcome, and so is he.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles