AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th September, 2007, 11:00 PM

Send a message via AIM to aznl3aka

tru nvidia driver file problems

im new to these forums and i was looking around to find what is the best drivers for my 6600gt and after reading a few posts the xg77.76 seems to be the best ones out for 6series i may be wrong but after downloading them i cant seem to open them, a command line opens up and then it just shuts back down, help any1?
Old 24th September, 2007, 11:42 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

The file is corrupt. I'm trying to figure out why now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th September, 2007, 11:51 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Try it now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th September, 2007, 02:53 AM
Breakout Champion

Actually you should try using the latest drivers, which is the 163.67 SE set. They work great for cards from the 6 series and up, and have great performance and image quality, plus are optimized for the latest games. I would highly recommend you trying them.
Ubuntu

HP Pavillion DV9535nr Laptop

AOA Team fah AOA Team files
"Who you callin a psycho?!" Kingpin
Old 25th September, 2007, 03:59 AM

oh alright ill try most of them actually I'm getting sudden fps drops in cs and
various other games dunno y im just seeing if its the drivers or not :/
Old 25th September, 2007, 12:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

I have a 7 series card and I stay away from the 1xx.xx series drivers. That is just me. In reality, download several drivers from our files page. Also down load driver cleaner. It will take a little time but try a few. You will find the one that works best for YOUR setup.
Old 26th September, 2007, 12:31 AM

yup driver cleaner plat or w/e im currently on the 8x.xx and their performing pretty poor when put against 77.76 T_T
Old 26th September, 2007, 02:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

The 93.71 series worked pretty good for me.

Last edited by Samuknow; 26th September, 2007 at 02:55 AM.