AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th December, 2007, 03:16 PM

Anyone try to use XP Catalyst drivers in a 2k system?

I have a Sapphire 2600XT PCI-E card and I see there are no drivers for Win2000. At least, I couldn't find any.
Has anyone tried to install the available XP drivers/software in a 2k box?

I perfer 2k over FP, er XP for many reasons and I would perfer to stick with it if at all possible.
Old 13th December, 2007, 03:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

As far as I know, 2K and XP drivers are usually grouped together.

At least nVidia drivers are.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th December, 2007, 03:53 PM

There is no reference to 2k at all.
Old 13th December, 2007, 04:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Not usually in drivers. Sometimes it is called out separately but most of the time not.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 13th December, 2007, 05:57 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

2K and XP share the same driver model, so you should be able to run XP drivers on 2K. Most likely, the only reason the drivers don't indicate 2K support is because 2K is unsupported by MS for anything other than security patches, so the driver vendor doesn't support it either.

Last edited by Gizmo; 13th December, 2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 13th December, 2007, 06:14 PM

The ATI drivers would not install.

I then tried to install the recent Omega drivers;
OmegaDrivers.net

Using a Sapphire HD 2600XT card on a Foxconn/Winfast N570SM2AA MB using Win 2000 (fresh install):
I first tried the setup.exe route, but it returned error mesages with 4 or 5 different files (don't remember the exact messages).
I then went to Device Manager and used the .inf file and the install went ok.

Any idea what was wrong?

Last edited by videobruce; 14th December, 2007 at 05:33 PM.