AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th December, 2007, 06:13 PM

Unable to install Realtek ALC882 HD driver for onboard audio

I'm unable to install the Realtek audio driver (V1.4.4). I get a error message that it needs a M$ Bus driver to be loaded in the system.

Specs;
Foxconn/Winfast N570SM2AA MB with the nForce 570 SLI chipset,
Realtek ALC882H HD onboard audio chip,
Sapphire HD 2600XT video card (using the Omega drivers),
Win 2000 w/sp5.1 (yes, it is the unofficial sp 5.1).

Please note I'm using the unofficial sp 5.1 and the custom Omega drivers for the video card since the ATI drivers won't work with 2k. Also notice this video card says it has a HD audio controller built in. What I don't know if these custom Omega drivers have the audio drivers for that feature and how that would affect the MB onboard audio.

SP 5.1 thread;
USP 5.1 Extreme Edition - MSFN Forums

Omega driver page;
OmegaDrivers.net

Hope that made sense. Any ideas here??

(BTW, I perfer sticking with 2k if at all possible)
Old 14th December, 2007, 07:34 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Did you install the mobo drivers?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th December, 2007, 07:52 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

If you can't get the proper driver installed, Creative Live 5.1's are pretty cheap nowadays. Even better, XP will install its own reasonable driver "silently," if you let it. Creative's own drivers are bloatbags from hell. Sorry, dunno if Win2K will also do this.
Old 14th December, 2007, 11:10 PM

I have the (UAA) High Definition Audio class driver that I pulled out of an Intel WinXP / 2000 set. It's a 50/50 shot but your more than welcome to it. I can make a torrent and send you the link or email them to you.

Edit:: After reading through the docs at MS, the driver I have will work with 2000 SP4 so just shoot me a PM. I will also upload it to the site here when I get home.

Last edited by ccperf721p; 14th December, 2007 at 11:14 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th December, 2007, 11:18 PM

Yes on the MB drivers, but the audio driver is separate from Realtek. They aren't packaged together as there were with the nForce2 UDP and before.

I came across a two KB articles from M$;
KB835221 & KB888111

They both say about the same thing. The file is very small, I don't know what the purpose is.

Last edited by videobruce; 15th December, 2007 at 12:45 AM.
Old 14th December, 2007, 11:49 PM

The MS bus driver needs to be installed prior to installing the sound driver. PM me and I'll shoot you the driver.
Old 15th December, 2007, 12:14 AM

I installed the Realtek driver first, it gave me the error message. I then installed the M$ file (very small) and tried the Realtek again, but I got the same message again.
Old 15th December, 2007, 12:26 AM

There are a few different versions. Is yours the KB835221? This is the one that works for my 2000 rig.