AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th December, 2007, 04:50 PM

Realtek's HD Audio Manager control panel disappeared

I'm having issues with Realteks' HDAudio Manager control panel.

I'm running XP w/sp2 (for now) and I don't want the service to run at startup. I did find, hidden under that "I" icon, the ability not to show the program icon in the system tray which I checked. The process (service) is still running at startup. I was able to stop the process using MS Config ok (but by doing so I couldn't manually start the program by creating a shortcut under 'Programs' (where it should be in the first place) and clicking on it.

First issue:
Why isn't there a shortcut in the 'Programs' menu as all other programs have??

Second, but najor issue;
Now, even with the service running (with the tray icon hidden), I can't access the control panel. Nothing comes up.

What's up with this??
Old 19th December, 2007, 05:38 PM

Ok, When I went to CP I saw an entry for this Audio Mgr. at the bottom of the list. I clicked on it and it opened.
I then checked that box to show the icon in the System Tray. I closed the CP and clicked on that icon and it started.
I then tried the shortcut I made again linked to the .exe file buried three layers deep in the Realtek program folder and nothing again.

Then it is a dll that starts the program when I click on the icon in the systen tray or in Control Panel??
Old 19th December, 2007, 05:39 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

I have never tried that. I usually shut it off in MS config if I don't want it.

Is there no item in the start menu?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th December, 2007, 05:52 PM

Did you try to install the latest 1.84 drivers ?
Old 29th December, 2007, 10:39 PM

V1.84 didn't work. I had to use V1.82

The whole lack of proper documentation regarding pre-installing that M$ 'Bus driver' first just plain sucks. UnRealtek needs a new a-hole for not making this know before hand in clear text. Nowhere is this stated. Not on their web site nor in the readme with the driver package (even though the M$ KB file is included!).

To assume that anyone would know any of this or to assume everyone installs outdated drivers from the CD (as I was told after the fact from UnRealtek). The process is suppose to be automated if you do it from the CD.

Who uses the (usual) outdated CD drivers that comes with the device anyway?