AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th April, 2002, 06:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Suggestions for new Speakers-

After the realiztion that you SHOULD NOT use a sub as a footstool....... and ruining my Altec lansing ATP3 speakers- i need a new set- under $150 and good Quality plz-
Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th April, 2002, 08:41 AM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

Those Logitech ones are nice.
Old 16th April, 2002, 02:29 PM
AOA Staff

I was just gonna suggest those logitech Z- speakers, real sweet for the price :-D
Old 16th April, 2002, 03:21 PM
Member/Contributer

I like my Boston Acoustics BA635
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/Produ...=5&SeriesID=31

But this one seems nice as well:
http://www.bostonacoustics.com/Produ...=5&SeriesID=31

If would strong consider Creative (Cambridge Soundworks) as well...
http://www.americas.creative.com/pro...=16&product=34

Last edited by Allan; 16th April, 2002 at 03:23 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th April, 2002, 04:18 PM
Banned

I'm a home stereo convert. PC speakers, no matter the price, are flawed in their size limitations... noting can truly replace the sound of some big loudspeakers and high quality subwoofer. I only use my 3 piece PC speakers for the headphone out now... my home stereo is finally getting the use it deserves. My neighbors must hate me
Old 16th April, 2002, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky
I'm a home stereo convert. PC speakers, no matter the price, are flawed in their size limitations... noting can truly replace the sound of some big loudspeakers and high quality subwoofer. I only use my 3 piece PC speakers for the headphone out now... my home stereo is finally getting the use it deserves. My neighbors must hate me
yes, but that would require him to have a reciever and nice speakers.
Old 16th April, 2002, 08:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mrpcman

yes, but that would require him to have a reciever and nice speakers.
Well, nowadays you're **cough** uncool **cough** if you don't have some type of home entertainment system... I, of course, went over board in getting the best price/performance I could in building a true dolby digital surround sound unit for movie viewing...

But I'd argue even a home shelf Aiwa unit has more flexibility (being that it plays when the PC's not on) than spending almost $200 on a set of PC speakers... but that's just me...
Old 16th April, 2002, 09:30 PM
AOA Staff

1- 100w car stereo amp + 1- 12v wall wart transformer+ 2- pioneer 6x9's in a kicker box = one loud @$$ setup for pretty cheap with NO receiver.
Old 16th April, 2002, 11:00 PM

well, i do agree with you pinky. I've got a 7.1 Onkyo reciever and *cough* bose 5.1 speakers upstairs. I chose bose for the size, and that's it. mid range leaves something to be desired sometimes.
Old 17th April, 2002, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by surlyjoe
1- 100w car stereo amp + 1- 12v wall wart transformer+ 2- pioneer 6x9's in a kicker box = one loud @$$ setup for pretty cheap with NO receiver.
My first propper stereo was made up from old car bits for virtually nothing. Worked good for about a year untill it set itself slightly on fire.

I have a set of creative surround sound speakers (DTT2200) and a SB 5.1, not something the audiphiles would approove of but great for MP3 and gaming (especially CS)

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Old 17th April, 2002, 11:33 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by surlyjoe
Where did you get a 12v wall wart transformer with enough power to run a 100W car stereo amp?

Ok, so I'm running my sub off a bridged 2x200W car amp, but I had to pick up a decent power supply for it.

AidanII