AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st February, 2009, 01:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas

Question Alternate pixel center disable NFS Porsche Unleashed

On nVidia graphic cards, there is a VERY strong font corruption in EA game NFS Porsche Unleashed, even the latest v3.5:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...shednVidia.jpg

Same problems with NFS Porsche Unleashed experienced a ATI users, however ATI quickly added DirectX settings to counter this problem:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...tisettings.png

If you in Direct X compatibility settings _DISABLE_ the Alternate pixel center, the corruption goes away like a miracle on ATI cards.

Now the question is - how to change this for nVidia drivers, so nVidia users can enjoy nice graphic once again in NFS PU?

PS. one user suggested that "That and changing dx7a file with one from nfs:MCO, fixed up tha problems."
NFS: Porsche Unleashed on Radeon in winXp? - Page 2
First at all, what is meant by the NFS:MCO (so I know where to get dx7a.dll to try) and second - will it fix this display corruption on nVidia card?
I already saw a patch to the dx7a.dll in order to let it show only 32bit resolutions, so users can choose higher resolutions before they run out of the list, but that it is. The patch is there:
Resolution Patch - NFS Tuning Forum
Old 16th February, 2009, 11:29 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Anyone have a key to this mystery?
Old 27th February, 2009, 03:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas

Red face

On Intel 945GM integrated chipset are the same letters just beautifull:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...Intel945GM.jpg

nVidia 5600XP Detonators 45.28 8x AF:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...eashed8xAF.jpg

nVidia 5600XP Detonators 45.28 4x AA:
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...eashed4xAA.jpg

...sadly, 4x AA in 1280x1024 32bit is on 5600XT not a solution for speed reasons - and I hate blurry AA anyway. I want sharp, straight edges
Old 27th February, 2009, 05:09 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

That's got to be a first for Intel's integrated graphics. Usually they're notorious for causing far too many gfx issues. It does seem odd that it needs two manufacturers to provide special settings though.