AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th May, 2009, 09:03 AM

Realtek HD Audio Driver Problem

Hi,

I am new to this group and have a major sound problem. I am not sure if this is the right place to seek advice, or if it is too off topic for this group so I will apologize in advance.
Last year I bought a Packard Bell EasyNote that had Vista 32 Home edition installed, it caused me no end of issues not running certain astrophotography programs and USB devices such as a ccd camera and was generally no good for what I needed or was used to.
So, a few weeks back I decided to fdisk the laptop and install Windows XP Home so I could get all of my programs to work again. Everything went to plan and worked with the exception of the Realtek HD Audio set up. I have not since had any sound at all, I have tried installing drivers and all sorts and all I keep getting is one error message or another, or a 'unable to install driver'.
In Device Manager there is a yellow circle over the Realtek entry with a black ! in it. I have also tried searching automatically for a driver and I'm told that no driver could be found.
I have read elsewhere that it is a Windows SP3 issue, I have done regedit changed it to version SP2, installed drivers and it still won't work. It has also been mentioned that it may have something to do with the Windows UAA file.
I am at my wits end with it now, has anyone had a similar problem and actually resolved it?

All advice would be extremely useful.

Many thanks,

Doodledoo
Old 6th May, 2009, 10:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to Rondog

Yes I have seen something similar. You need to completely remove the driver, reboot, install Microsoft UAA patch, then install Realtek drivers. Generally, whereabouts did you download the audio drivers from? Can you please post up a link.

Rig 1: Intel Core i5 750,4gb,HD6870,500gb,W7 Ult x64
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th May, 2009, 02:09 PM

I had to do as Rondog suggested on a Dell laptop. I picked up the bus driver from this link.

Download Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio Driver for Windows NT / Windows 2K / Windows XP - Softpedia
Old 6th May, 2009, 05:43 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Welcome Doodledoo! I hope you've found what you need and will enjoy our site.":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th May, 2009, 06:06 PM

Wink Yes, you came to the right place!

Hey Doodledoo & welcome to the AOA forums!
We got a lot of very knowledgeable members here in all areas of computers, so there's a very good chance of resolving your problem here...

Anyways, since you didn't post the model numbers I'm assuming it's this one & the drivers are here for it as well.
I always if possible go directly to whoever makes the hardware components for drivers as this will give you the best results along with the newest drivers with compatibility fixes in them.

So with that said here's my suggested site to download the drivers for this Lappy...

Audio driver for the on-board audio solution of the EasyNote W3 Series notebook.
The download also includes and installs the Microsoft High Definition Audio patch, which is required for the audio driver to function properly.

EasyNote W3 Series audio driver and HDA patch

Main site with all the drivers for everything in it...
PB EASYNOTE W3910

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 6th May, 2009 at 06:11 PM.