AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st July, 2012, 08:41 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Hey Danrok, Check this out!

Using Asus motherboards for the last 4 or 5 motherboards has meant that all my case stand offs could remain in place. But as I water cool, I often have to mount my board with the case up right. This has resulted in a bit of ware in the mounting stand off pins.

For those who may not know but still might care, Lain Li did not use conventional stand offs for this case, thats about the only objection I've ever had with it, wonderful Case!

So I go to Lain Li and find they now use conventional stand off pins and mounts in their cases. I check accessories, I look all round, No clip in stand offs! I'm Screwed! I barely got two of them to clip in and accept the screw last time!

A moment of pure terror, I could lose the use of my favorite case forever, the only one I have ever loved! Over a part that cost $3.50 for ten of them.

After Googleing for a hour and trying a dozen places or so I came across Sliver PC, They carry Lian Li and they have replacement clips... Right away I thought of you Danrok as we share this case in common.

Our clip-ins our disappearing from the world!

But then I thought Wait, Danrok probably doesn't need them. Not everyone has to actually psychically subdue their parts as I must, Some people have parts that want to help and be of use!!

But what if someone broke in and Stole Danroks Stand offs and Sliver PC no longer carried them...I'd have to give Danrok some of the extras I bought... They COST nearly Three Dollars and fifty cents, a guy could go broke exercising that kind of generosity!

So this is the half way point. I'm not out any cash and Danrok can judge his need by the number of bent up stand offs in his case.

If you just need one or two well hey that's a different matter, I could spare you one or two, though shipping will cost me plenty! LOL

Just say the word Dan and they are on the way, I bought some extras.":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 1st July, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st July, 2012, 10:40 PM
AOA Staff

I think I still have all of mine.

I have 2 Lian-li cases, but only have 1 in use. I switch from one to the other, when I upgrade.

So, I probably have enough.

Some spares here in the UK: Kustom PCs Lian Li Motherboard Standoffs (Spring Clip type) 10 Pack
Old 2nd July, 2012, 02:22 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Just so we don't get caught out! ":O}
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th August, 2012, 02:16 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

wait, what?
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 14th August, 2012, 06:05 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Your not going to be stand-offish now are you Chris?
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 16th August, 2012, 04:22 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Neah, thats too much, just a bit of fun as usual

PS The WTF of the day was funny but nothing compared to Daniel's post afterwards!
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Tags
lian li