AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th May, 2002, 10:28 PM
.:N2:.

N2 bringz da scoop!

check it!
[translation]

---
Yesterday, on 10.5, the long awaited Matrox G1000 video card was announced in China, prior to the official global announcement dated on 14.5. That shows how important the Chinese market is for Matrox.

The true name of the card that we called G1000 is Parhelia. The technicians from Matrox showed us many new features and technical specs of the G1000. According to the specs, the card is in fact superior to any other current video cards. Before the conference all the media participants have signed the NDA. Any report should wait until 14.5. Therefore we cannot reveal too much technical specs at the moment. But we would give you a few hints:

Parhelia is the world’s first 512 bit GPU. It’s produced with the 0.15-micron technology and has 80 million transistors. The 256 bit video memory has a bandwidth over 20GB/s. More information can only be disclosed on 14.5.

The technicians from Matrox also showed us the triple-head technology. It was really nice. Many editors from the media even got a personal feeling of it by playing Quake3 on three monitors.

[… comments on pictures ...]

Although it was only a sample card, but we still have got the feeling, that Parhelia will definitely change Matrox’s position on the current 3D video market and makes it a stronger competitor. For the end users, Parhelia means more options!

[/translation]

http://www.matroxusers.com/

http://forums.matroxusers.com/showth...threadid=32858

Last edited by .:N2:.; 11th May, 2002 at 10:31 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th May, 2002, 12:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Read this somewhere else....... Sounds great- they must have packed ALOT into this card! But how many of us will buy one?
Spyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th May, 2002, 04:49 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I guess it's safe to assume that the G400's/450's miserable Frame Rate is now history. The funny thing is, beyond "playable," and a "little better," "super dooper with sprinkles" doesn't mean all that much.

Oh well, a "little better than playable" sure made gamer's avoid the soon to be old Matrox Vidcards. 80 million xistor's, on .15 Micron? Bruddah, this baby is gonna be H O T, better have a real-deal HSF on this GPU. And how expensive? I'm thinking GF4 Ti4400.

We'll see!
Old 12th May, 2002, 09:19 AM
.:N2:.

i actually have a use for a stunning 2D, Non-gaming vid card.

so i anticipate this card, hopefully it will fall to the bargain bins before too long lol