AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th June, 2002, 02:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Orbit Send a message via Yahoo to Orbit

nVidia 2942's for XP-2K

Just d/l these from nvPlanet
and got about a 500 point increase from the 28.32's on my gf3 ti200.
I'm running a 140MHz FSB on an XP1800, @ 1610MHz, and at stock core/mem, I got 7130 in 3DMark.
Not too shabby.

A Chieftec with a bunch of PCB's, Drives, Cables, and Water

-----------------------------------------------------------
Laws are for the lawless, who disregard them anyway... Crow
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th June, 2002, 02:25 AM

I have no idea how to install the drivers this way. Could someone explain, please?
Old 6th June, 2002, 02:41 AM

you mean how to install new nVidia drivers?

First, d/l the zip file, and then extract it to a folder you can get to. (Desktop?)

If you're running XP, just go to the Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and choose the nVidia drivers. Choose the options to completely remove ALL settings.

Then reboot, and put a check in the lower box so you can Select Where to look for the drivers, and point to the folder you unzipped the files to.

Now, usually I get a warning box if they're not WHQL certified, but I didn't on these.

When these drivers are done, another box will appear for the monitor driver, just point to the same folder, and it's a done deal.

Then, don't forget to go back into your Display properties and set your color depth and resolution to whatever you run, and then set the monitor refresh rate to it's max for that res.

Hope this helps... ~ crow

Last edited by Orbit; 6th June, 2002 at 02:44 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th June, 2002, 11:07 AM

Send a message via AIM to Darkcobra

hey orbit,

are those the beta 4-in-1's that you have installed? how are they working for you? have you had any problems with them? also, how do you install them or the 4.38 drivers manually in windows xp? sorry for all the questions,but my mobo seems to be running kind of slow in the video card area. i was wondering if the new mobo drivers might help me out. i have an 8kha from my sig. =)
Old 6th June, 2002, 02:37 PM
Banned

Thanks orbit, I have these on aoafiles now
Old 6th June, 2002, 04:40 PM
Member/Contributer

Nice goin', Pinks. And thanks for the heads up Orbit, I'm downloading these as we 'speak'..
Old 6th June, 2002, 04:55 PM

Hi... Yes, I believe the 4-in1's are beta, you can find them here: VIA 4.39b Drivers and I haven't had any issues at all with them. I think I try out all these things out of boredom, because my system seems to always be rather stable.
Installing them is just double clicking the exe file, and I installed all the options.

After running these new nVidia's at stock, I bumped up the core and mem to Coolbit's max (220/450) and got a score of 7800+ something with no hiccups, and played Unreal T for awhile just to see. I'm not a hard core overclocker, but I like to see what my system is capable of, then back it down for component longevity, having toasted a couple vid cards in the past. I use my box for work, so I can't afford to have any sort of system failure, but I'm a glutton for trying new things. ... heh, SOMEbody's gotta try them...

And, to all, you're all very welcome...it's my pleasure to be able to bring some news to the community.

~ Crow

PS: Wow, I can't belive the number of posts that you moderators have !! Way to go !

Last edited by Orbit; 6th June, 2002 at 04:57 PM.
Old 6th June, 2002, 07:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Orbit
PS: Wow, I can't belive the number of posts that you moderators have !! Way to go !
We're not actually "mods", daniel's the only real mod though the admins can perform the mod functions, it's daniel's judgement that keeps things afloat...

We're more or less members committed to the advancement of the forums, either through various project involvement or just lending some feedback/council when needed.

I only have this many posts because I get paid to surf here while between calls at work
Old 6th June, 2002, 07:12 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky
We're not actually "mods", daniel's the only real mod though the admins can perform the mod functions, it's daniel's judgement that keeps things afloat...
Yeah, Dan's pretty much the man

I don't think Dan really qualifies as a moderator since we generally don't need any moderating on this forum

Dan is simply the life of these forums

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 7th June, 2002, 01:20 AM

Ahh, purtiful. Another 200 pts on 3D Mark.

Thanks for the help.
Old 7th June, 2002, 04:00 PM
Banned

I didn't see any improvement, still around 10,600... think my system's holding me back now
Old 7th June, 2002, 07:23 PM

hmm. .only 10600 (insert LOL).
I wish

Old 7th June, 2002, 07:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Orbit
hmm. .only 10600 (insert LOL).
I wish
I didn't say ONLY!!! lol

I realize it's plenty of pep!
Old 7th June, 2002, 08:20 PM

LOL...

Yeah, I live in the boonies of sw New Mexico. the ONLY place to buy anything is online.

Consequently, I have no friends who have anything above a gf2 card, in fact, I'm probably light years ahead of anyone in the tri county area by having water cooling. Even my old ISP webmaster had never heard of water cooling.

I see the prices for the gf4 ti4200's is getting very reasonable.. maybe that and an xp2100 when they drop to the $100 range. ')

What the heck, SOMEone has to be the trendsetter, eh?