AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th June, 2002, 04:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Orbit Send a message via Yahoo to Orbit

nVid 29.80 -> OK ** Beta 29.60 nVidias - Yawn....

EDITED: I ran the 29.60's this morning, but found the Gainward 29.80's later on from Hocp's page.
They seem to be in the range of the 29.42's as far as 3DMarks, only down by 2 points, and that could change test to test.
These are marked for Gainward GF4's, but I'm using them on my VisionTek GF3 Ti200 and they work fine.
I did NOT use the setup.exe file, but installed them the same way I always do, by pointing to the unzipped folder where the new files are.

Earlier::
D/l and ran the modified Dell drivers (have no idea what version was modded), but they call them Beta 29.60 's.

Don't even bother. Nothing to see here.

Lost over 50 points in 3DMarks from the 29.42's.

So far, the 29.42 version seems to be the fastest and 'nicest' rendering on my GF3 Ti200 / (rest of system below).

Think we've hit a peak for the GF3 series, maybe.

A Chieftec with a bunch of PCB's, Drives, Cables, and Water

-----------------------------------------------------------
Laws are for the lawless, who disregard them anyway... Crow

Last edited by Orbit; 25th June, 2002 at 01:06 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th June, 2002, 04:19 PM
Banned

Thanks, I saw them recently and decided against pursuing them, and now I know why