AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th June, 2002, 11:53 PM

Question Need speaker advice!!

Hello all,

I'd like to know if anyone can tell me about the JBL IS-1 PC speakers? I found a really good buy on these today and was considering picking them up to go with my home entertainment system. I've tried searching for them, but can't find anything through google or any other normal search engines. I just wanted to make sure they weren't crap before I buy them. I don't need them to be super excellent. I already have lots of power from my other audio speakers. I just need something for the computer itself to round it out. Can someone point me to a review on them or have any personal experience with these speakers? I need to know when they were made and also the specs on them. The lady who's selling them told me she bought them around '95. They have a spot for a subwoofer attachment and the rating on the speakers said 50/60 hz I believe. I also have the product # if that helps. It's 85X-JBM-196835. Thanks for any help!

Chris
Old 30th June, 2002, 01:42 AM
Banned

I couldn't find anything either.
Old 30th June, 2002, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky
I couldn't find anything either.
Ditto
I tried JBL, Crutchfield, and E Bay: absolutely no hits at all! Recheck the product name, is there a manual?

I am a big JBL fan and have used them for years in my home system as well as BIC. Get back to me, we'll find something about this, I'm not giving up yet.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!
and more coming all the time!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th June, 2002, 06:31 AM

Need speaker advice!!

Yep, they're definately JBL. No mistaking that bright orange/white logo. Oddly enough, she doesn't have the manual, but still has the cardboard inserts that housed the speakers.

Thanks for checking!
Old 30th June, 2002, 10:57 AM

Re: Need speaker advice!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
Yep, they're definately JBL. No mistaking that bright orange/white logo. Oddly enough, she doesn't have the manual, but still has the cardboard inserts that housed the speakers.

Thanks for checking!
Any other info would help.
ASROCK: 1 * BIOSTAR: 1 * ASUS: 5 * CHAINTECH: 7 * GIGABYTE: 2 *IWILL: 1 * MSI: 3* TYAN: 2
175+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Climate Prediction Team as The Uncle B's!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd July, 2002, 04:43 AM

Sorry

I totally forgot about the post for a bit. Just as well I guess since I decided against the buy. They were just too old I think anyway. Did you ever find anything on them? I came up a bust and threw up my hands. Fuhgetaboudit! *exasperated smiley goes here*

chris
Old 22nd July, 2002, 04:49 AM

Re: Sorry

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris
I totally forgot about the post for a bit. Just as well I guess since I decided against the buy. They were just too old I think anyway. Did you ever find anything on them? I came up a bust and threw up my hands. Fuhgetaboudit! *exasperated smiley goes here*

chris
No, JBL had nothing on that number! Sorry, that was about it for my resources.

Old 24th July, 2002, 03:21 PM

No problem. Hey, at least we tried right?
Old 24th July, 2002, 10:29 PM

Yeah, let us know if there is anything else we can do for you!