AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Graphics and Sound cards; Speakers and other Peripherals (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/32-graphics-sound-cards-speakers-other-peripherals/)
-   -   XFX G-Force 7800 GT Fatal1ty (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/graphics-sound-cards-speakers-other-peripherals/39532-xfx-g-force-7800-gt-fatal1ty.html)

The_DuDe 4th January, 2007 07:01 PM

XFX G-Force 7800 GT Fatal1ty

I have an Asus mobo, (P5B de luxe), and 2 XFX G-Force 7800 GT Fatal1ty vidcards. I have heard somewhere that if you use em both, your system will be faster, but recently i read somewhere, that it will only give you dual monitor support.. I have tried it, of course with both cards in.. but I didn't see any difference in performance.. I have read the manual, but haven't found an answer.. Anyone know the answer to that mystery ?...

Btw.. anyone know how much over clocking that card can stand ?...:evil: :D

aghastpumpkin 4th January, 2007 07:08 PM

Graphics Cards won't affect general system performance. They will only affect your games.
So, having both in SLI will be advantageous when running high performance games, as you'll be able to play at higher resolutions and with higher detail.

The_DuDe 4th January, 2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin
Graphics Cards won't affect general system performance. They will only affect your games.
So, having both in SLI will be advantageous when running high performance games, as you'll be able to play at higher resolutions and with higher detail.

Thanks aghastpumpkin.. /me putting second card in again...:)

The_DuDe 4th January, 2007 07:17 PM

One other question though... do i connect the monitor to the first, or the second card ?...

aghastpumpkin 4th January, 2007 09:03 PM

I beleive you connect it to the first. However, having never used SLI, I would refer to your Graphics Card Manual. :)

The_DuDe 4th January, 2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aghastpumpkin
I beleive you connect it to the first. However, having never used SLI, I would refer to your Graphics Card Manual. :)

Thanks.. me dives in the pile of manuals again...

cadaveca 4th January, 2007 09:21 PM

ASUS P5B Deluxe does not support SLI using official drivers, however, find some modded ones, and you'll be good to go, although there is a slight performance loss from running the first card @ 16x and the second card @ 4x. No official nVidia driver currently available supports this feature.

There is no pci-e-to-pci-e connection available on that board, however there is a SPI link that can be used, assumung the driver knows it's there. Crossfire works on this board in just that fashion.

nVidia drivers look for 3 ASIC id's in order to enable SLi...and your board is not one of the listed supported ASICs. Feel free to yell @ the boys over @ nV for that one....thier noses couldn't be farther in the air.

Oh, and BTW, yes monitor goes into the videocard closest to the chipset.

The_DuDe 4th January, 2007 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadaveca
ASUS P5B Deluxe does not support SLI using official drivers, however, find some modded ones, and you'll be good to go, although there is a slight performance loss from running the first card @ 16x and the second card @ 4x. No official nVidia driver currently available supports this feature.

There is no pci-e-to-pci-e connection available on that board, however there is a SPI link that can be used, assumung the driver knows it's there. Crossfire works on this board in just that fashion.

nVidia drivers look for 3 ASIC id's in order to enable SLi...and your board is not one of the listed supported ASICs. Feel free to yell @ the boys over @ nV for that one....thier noses couldn't be farther in the air.

Oh, and BTW, yes monitor goes into the videocard closest to the chipset.

Thanks.. :thumbsup: /me goes yelling at Nvidia.. me is good at yelling...

The_DuDe 4th January, 2007 09:36 PM

I use a tweaksRus driver now... good enough ?...

cadaveca 4th January, 2007 09:41 PM

meh..i tend to stay away from modded drivers. Jsut make sure to give them a virus scan first, and after you have installed them. And no, never had an issue with Tweaks R us, but ya never know. Some of the others....:rolleyes:

The_DuDe 4th January, 2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadaveca
meh..i tend to stay away from modded drivers. Jsut make sure to give them a virus scan first, and after you have installed them. And no, never had an issue with Tweaks R us, but ya never know. Some of the others....:rolleyes:

My computer gets scanned automatically with 2 spyware scanners, and NOD32 virus scanner on a daily basis.. so i think its ok, now i had the driver in for almost 2 days. but thanks for the heads-up.. you cant be careful enough..

:thumbsup: