AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31st March, 2003, 04:47 AM

Help with bios please?

Well, I dont have a clue how to configure BIOS, and my motherboard information guide doesnt explain the advantage or disadvantage to changing settings.
Does anyone know any of the specific settings I should definetely turn off or on for increased performance? Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.
Old 31st March, 2003, 05:43 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Yes, you want to raise the FSB - Front Side Bus.

What BIOS are you running? If you tell me, I might be able to help more For sure, someone here could
Old 31st March, 2003, 03:06 PM

http://www.adriansrojakpot.com/Speed...uide_Index.htm
Old 31st March, 2003, 07:17 PM

AGP fastwrite enabled gave me a 500point increase in 3dmark2001, lower multi, up fsb to get more meory bandwidth, too high fsbs could corrupt hdds or cause sb rrelated rpobs such as no sound, usb probs, keyobard, mouse, pci expansion cards could fail etc so ideally need board with pci lock such as an NF2

Craig
Old 31st March, 2003, 11:58 PM

well

would it be better to up the fsb and lower the multiplier or lower the fsb and raise the multiplier?
Old 31st March, 2003, 11:58 PM

Im not sure what bios im running, the computer is in the shop to get fixed (lol) but i know it starts with an "A"
Old 1st April, 2003, 08:05 AM

you dont wana lower the fsb ever, especially not at stock because you are lowering the memory bandwidth, only time youd lower the fsb is if you oced to high, more than your board could handle and you were getting problems, should be 133MHz (266MHz on your board). You'd be lowering meemory bandwidth and in an overclock id say that the extra memory bandwidth is gonna make the bigger difference, especially in benching and not the few extar MHz.

If your not gonna raise FSB, just raise multi. Wouldnt like to hazard a guess at the fsb your board could do.

Hope this helps,
Craig