AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 21st September, 2003, 03:46 PM

Wink please tell me how to over clock

Howdy i just got my self a new pc that i built myself was wondering if ther is any one out there with the same that couls tell me how to over clock it and what settings to have
my specs r mobo 8knxp p4 3 G 2x512 twinn x ddr 400 LL 2.6.2.2.2 9800 pro 128 sata hdd any ideas woulkd be great and all so standard cooling for cpu hope some one can help cheers
Old 21st September, 2003, 09:18 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome to AOA, power!

The theory of overclocking is pretty simple. Practical knowledge isn't so easily acquired. You need to know the theory before bothering with practical knowledge. If you don't want to understand what you're doing to overclock a box or why you're taking the steps that you need to, that's your prerogative.

I suggest starting with attending to the extra cooling that OC'd machines need to live reasonably long lives. It's far better to see to the greater thermal needs that OCing demands--before stepping on the accelerator.

Please, ask away with abandon. That's what we're here for!
Old 22nd September, 2003, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Welcome to AOA, power!

The theory of overclocking is pretty simple. Practical knowledge isn't so easily acquired. You need to know the theory before bothering with practical knowledge. If you don't want to understand what you're doing to overclock a box or why you're taking the steps that you need to, that's your prerogative.

I suggest starting with attending to the extra cooling that OC'd machines need to live reasonably long lives. It's far better to see to the greater thermal needs that OCing demands--before stepping on the accelerator.

Please, ask away with abandon. That's what we're here for!
hmm thakx for the welcome and since im new to this stuff any help will do ,can you tell me any good sites to go to to find some good stuff to read about the hole process as i am willing to learn and short cuts only lead to trouble ps and buy the way i was thinking of getting some pc 3500 and then over clocking the fsb to match the ram any way that was my idea so any help would be great
Old 23rd September, 2003, 03:01 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Take a look at AOA FAQs. We have tried to get the new guy up and going by writing them. If you have specific questions beyound that please post.

Welcome to AOA!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!