AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th October, 2004, 11:04 PM

Question OC help for someone new to the topic! (ASUS P4C800-E dlx, p4 3.06)

Hello, I just recently came across these boards when looking for some over clocking help. The more I looked around the more I liked the site and forums so I decided that I should register and introduce myself. I am currently looking to safely over clock my current CPU but would like some help/advice from people who are more knowledgeable then myself!

My setup is as follows:

Intel P4 3.06ghz HT
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
Zalman CNPS7000A-Cu
Artic Silver thermal paste
1024mb Ram

I think that’s all the info you guys need, if not lmk and ill post what’s missing. So anyway back on topic, my ASUS mobo has the built in AI overclocking but there are several settings that are not clearly stated in the manual. Also I have read that people have had some voltage issues while trying to OC with there boards, but this seemed to only effect the ram if im correct(not sure, sorry).

I would like to step up my p4 around 10% which is a option in BIOS but like I said im not sure if I should put it in turbo mode etc. So if anyone has had any experience with these motherboards and has any advice or set up info I would be greatly appreciative. Im not looking to do anything fancy so if you guys know what im trying to get at feel free to post any info, and please use simple language as I am new to this whole topic.

Thanks once again, Justin.
Old 15th October, 2004, 03:14 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

I don't have any advice on that mobo in particular, but we have a good general guide to OCing in our FAQ section. You might want to go check it out for starters.

Thanks for joining AOA! Glad you dropped in!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th October, 2004, 04:25 PM
AOA Staff (should be working)

Send a message via ICQ to dod Send a message via Yahoo to dod

It's mostly going to depend on the ram for your P4. What make and rating is it?

And welcome to the forum.