AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th December, 2004, 04:09 PM

Unhappy Need Help..BIOS stuff

Ill take this chance to say hello to everyone here as this is my first time on the AOA forums. I have done the most stupid thing i have ever done in my entire life. I wanted to flash my ATi Powercolour AIW 9800pro 128mb to a 9800xt ...(youve spotted it already havent you)

Well i got the ATi Powercolour 9800xt 128mb BIOS and flashed them using flashrom

As you can see my card is an All In Wonder but the BIOS i got werent an allin wonder AHH!

Luckily enough i saved my origional BIOS before flashing to a floppy disk.
Anyway when i boot with my 9800xt BIOS no outputs work such as the keyboard mouse screen..not even my ADSL filters. Which straight away told me i have just broke my Christmas present which is supposed to be under the tree (im very Impatient)

So when i put my previous card, the Ati Radeon 9000 it works perfectly and nothing happens but when i put my 9800pro in ...BLACK SCREEN

Does anyone have any idea how i can flash my BIOS on the 9800 back to the origionals which i have saved.(bear in mind when i have my 9800pro in the comp the keyboard,screen etc doesnt work)?

please someone help me..wheres your Christmas spirit?
Old 19th December, 2004, 06:52 PM

Pop in a disk in the A: drive and see if it accesses it when you turn it on. If it does, you can put your old card back in, create a bootable floppy that will automatically do the flash for you. Switch the cards back to the new one, then start it with the boot disk. Hopefully, it will restart the computer with the old BIOS. On the other hand, sounds like the card might have died and the system might not start up without video. (That would be an odd issue, b/c I've started a system without a video card and it booted to windows before. *Logon sound*) Good luck and welcome to AOA!
Old 19th December, 2004, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloAbogado
Pop in a disk in the A: drive and see if it accesses it when you turn it on. If it does, you can put your old card back in, create a bootable floppy that will automatically do the flash for you. Switch the cards back to the new one, then start it with the boot disk. Hopefully, it will restart the computer with the old BIOS. On the other hand, sounds like the card might have died and the system might not start up without video. (That would be an odd issue, b/c I've started a system without a video card and it booted to windows before. *Logon sound*) Good luck and welcome to AOA!
i would do that only i dont know how to make an automatic boot disc.. the good thing is when i bought it it didnt come with any manuals or packaging as stated there fore i can can say to the company that i think this is a returned card that someone has had before me therefore...refund or replacement.
do you know anysites or can you tell me how to do an automatic flash
Old 20th December, 2004, 05:12 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

www.bootdisk.com

You can download a DOS bootdisk image from there that will make a bootable floppy for you.l
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!