AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 19th January, 2006, 11:19 PM
Alien Clones Champion

Location: Queensland Australia ''Oh'' the beauitful sunny coast!
Send a message via MSN to QSDT

Someone Else Is Hacking For Us!

This sort of Hacking just make me mad as an overclocker, hasn't happened me to but if it did who knows? Read here: http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Compu...ntium-Pirates/

What do you guys think of this will it ever stop?
Monitor Dell 24'' 2407WFP ''WOW that's all I can say''

Why is Phonetic not spelt Phonetically, and why is the word Abbreviation so long?

My Ex gives 100% sound adivce, 99% sound, 1% adivce.

69% of all statistics are made up!

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th January, 2006, 11:32 PM
AOA Staff

For as long as harware is a highly competitive "cut-throat" business there's always going to be cheats around.
Old 19th January, 2006, 11:33 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

As long as there is a fast buck to be made, and China and other nations either can't or won't do something about it, it will keep happening.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th January, 2006, 01:16 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

There is a simple solution, surprised it hasn't been implemented! Just ship Intel to China! True it will be harder for our representatives to get paid for looking the other way. But if they use what is bound to be a huge initial payoff to invest in Walmart the whole thing should balance out rather nicely!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 20th January, 2006, 01:25 AM

I think intel had a private army and is going to **** someone up, like Microsoft and the people who stole the dev-kits.
Also if they can bump a celeron to 3.6 why can't we? I'm presuming there actuly running working properly.
N/M the last comment I relaised that there only masking identitys not OC;ing sppeds.
4-4-4-12
160GB
256 MB 6800GT 413/1102
Main Rig
AMD 4000+ 2772 MHz w/ DFI SLI DR
2GB Corsair XMS (with LED's of course)@ 2.5-3-2-11 @ 240MHz
250GB HDD SATA2
Xfi-64MB X-Ram
WMCE
7800GTX OC-516(+40Mhz Delta clock)/1300
AOA Team fah
"The motherboard installation section essentially said "refer to motherboard manual for installation instructions". My motherboard manual of course said "refer to case manual for further installation instructions"."

Last edited by madcatmk3; 20th January, 2006 at 01:31 AM.
Old 20th January, 2006, 09:09 PM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel ~
There is a simple solution, surprised it hasn't been implemented! Just ship Intel to China! True it will be harder for our representatives to get paid for looking the other way. But if they use what is bound to be a huge initial payoff to invest in Walmart the whole thing should balance out rather nicely!
Since Walmart is already well developed in China, why not sell Intel to Walmart?

From what I've read, the Chinese government is starting to take action on this, and on other problems such as counterfeit DVDs and patent rip-offs, but it will be a slow process. As this is something that hasn't been addressed at all since China turned Red and closed its eyes to the world, the policies have only just come through, and the enforcement is only just gearing up. In typically Chinese fashion, the first steps are fairly half-arsed, and nothing seems to be done. Don't blink, though, 'cos it'll be an overnight change when it happens...
Old 20th January, 2006, 09:23 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

link is dead.

edit: nevermind.

BTW these chips have been on Ebay for a little over 3 months. not a new thing, this one.
Old 20th January, 2006, 10:05 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitain
Since Walmart is already well developed in China, why not sell Intel to Walmart?

From what I've read, the Chinese government is starting to take action on this, and on other problems such as counterfeit DVDs and patent rip-offs, but it will be a slow process. As this is something that hasn't been addressed at all since China turned Red and closed its eyes to the world, the policies have only just come through, and the enforcement is only just gearing up. In typically Chinese fashion, the first steps are fairly half-arsed, and nothing seems to be done. Don't blink, though, 'cos it'll be an overnight change when it happens...
Brilliant idea K! That way Walmart can ask the US government for a subsidy in order to offset the costs of doing business in a foreign land... (pay taxes in China).

As this is something they have never had to do in the US, it may be a difficult transition for them, requiring decades to complete! But if the US tax payer won't pay their Chinese taxes who will!??
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 21st January, 2006, 12:33 AM

Mexico?
4-4-4-12
160GB
256 MB 6800GT 413/1102
Main Rig
AMD 4000+ 2772 MHz w/ DFI SLI DR
2GB Corsair XMS (with LED's of course)@ 2.5-3-2-11 @ 240MHz
250GB HDD SATA2
Xfi-64MB X-Ram
WMCE
7800GTX OC-516(+40Mhz Delta clock)/1300
AOA Team fah
"The motherboard installation section essentially said "refer to motherboard manual for installation instructions". My motherboard manual of course said "refer to case manual for further installation instructions"."
Old 23rd January, 2006, 06:04 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

I just hope that it's not happening with AMD cpu's.

EDIT: I just read the rest of the article

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Old 25th January, 2006, 07:38 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Pardon my grouchiness. Large US corporations pay nothing in Federal taxes, zero, zip, nada. Even before the Age of -ush, Boeing paid nothing. The little guy pays more income tax than ever before. Something wrong with this picture.
Old 25th January, 2006, 08:07 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Actually they like Taxes! Look at the Subsidy that Big Oil is going to receive in this, the year of their largest profit of all time... Basically Big Oil is taxing us you see!

I'll bet it must boggle their minds just thinking about what stupid sheep Americans are!

Never in a million years would it occur to them that they were supposed to take care of the Stupid sheep... The major difference between a despot and a King I suppose.

But Hey we are STILL the greatest nation that ever sold itself into servitude rather than have to think!

Did you know that most of the bills before congress are actually written by "special interests"? Read: "The Rich"

Good God but Americans deserve this! Not because they are stupid, people are always stupid. But for the spite they bear one another that makes Bush and his string pullers possible.

They were supposed to have to give something back now that they've lied stoled and murdered their way to owning us like cattle. But every day Americans line up in droves just to kiss their asses and to tell they don't have to!

Just so long as Gays can't marry! What? Are we afraid they might multiply? LOL
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 26th January, 2006, 08:03 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Do I detect a hint of dissatisfation, good Sir? As we must support our superiors in all that they do or face penalties, I'm glad that your post was just a small bit of nonsense.
Old 26th January, 2006, 08:07 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

People are afraid of sudden change, and rightufully so. The current system hasn't gotten painful enough yet for most to see that it has got to change, and I doubt that it will for another generation or so.
Old 26th January, 2006, 08:08 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

500 Billion dollar trade deficit? It's far worse than that. It will be a miracle if we survive the fiscal mismanagement of the present Administration.
Old 27th January, 2006, 12:17 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

All that has to happen is for China to call in our debt! No lie!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 27th January, 2006, 07:16 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
All that has to happen is for China to call in our debt! No lie!

You got that right. Or Japan or Saudi Arabia. But we're more vulnerable than that. All China needs to do to sink us is convert $150 billion into Euros quickly. The dollar wouldn't withstand the "insult."
Fortunately, our creditors have nothing to gain by plunging us into a 1929 hell. The world's economy would sink with us, to no one's advantage. However, our national debt is about 7.7 trillion dollars. This is because the regime stole the money from our Treasury and covered the loss by borrowing from China, etc. I so wish that more people in Our Fair Country understood this fact.

As the Unitary Executive breaks the law with abandon, we'll need to do the same(or better, change the law) if we ever get a 'Democrat' into the WH. It's imperative that we get some of this stolen money back. This can't be done legally now--it would be stealing from the very rich and corporations. Guantaamo their a**es and find out where it's hidden. Turnabout is fair play sometimes.
Old 27th January, 2006, 08:56 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

I've got to wonder how illegal what's going on really is, given that, to the best of my knowledge, NOBODY has done anything about it.
Old 27th January, 2006, 09:19 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

No one in a position to, wants to!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 27th January, 2006, 09:29 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
No one in a position to, wants to!
Gee, I wonder why? Maybe because the whole stinking, putrid lot of them is afraid that if they start slinging that bucket of ***** around, they'll get splattered themselves? Nah. Couldn't be THAT!