AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th November, 2006, 01:47 AM

Send a message via MSN to captinhector

7600gs

Hi guys I've been wondering, what is the temerature for the 7600gs,7600gt with the stock coolers? Also, wondering what you recommend for ram heat sinks, and is tighter timings or higher freq better on vid cards ram(I know on my system, with system ram, I get better performance w/tight timings).
Also can you dammage a vid card w/tight timings??(I assume its like system ram, but have no ideal.)
Old 2nd December, 2006, 06:48 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I don't think that tight timings can harm a Vidcard. But insufficient power ain't good for them at all.
Old 2nd December, 2006, 11:32 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

Hi captainhector,
Higher clock frequency is better for a graphics card. For ram heatsinks (i assume you mean for you graphics ram), i recommend Zalman VGA ramsinks. I've got some on my 7600GT and i have maxed out the nvidia control panel memory clock without artifacts or errors in any games (HL2, FearCombet, NFS:Carbon, etc).

As for temperatures, the stock cooler of my 7600GT kept temps at about 50C under max stress. If you want to upgrade, i would reccomend the Arctic Cooling NV6 Revision 2 cooler since they also fit the 76' series and keep temps about 45 under max stress but are also so much quieter (you can't even hear it at 100% so i run it at 100% all the time (settings changed through RivaTuner). I couldn't increase my clock speed much from the stock cooler but the quietness made it an essential buy.

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!