AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th January, 2007, 01:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

Make Your Own Laptop Power Adaptor

I'm frustrated. i just had called a computer repair business in town here to see if they had a power cable that'd fit my laptop, they said yep, and they'd bring it out tonight, ie 5 mins ago. the guy came and left. the plug-in bit of the replacement was incompatible with mine, so he took my cable and said he'd call me tomorrow about it. I want to make my own power cable. a lil adaptor compatable with a standard PSU cable. however.... my skills are not as great as the sum of yours. Please Obi-wan we need your help.... err... Please AOA'ers, I need your help!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th January, 2007, 12:03 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Many laptops don't run off a standard voltage. For example 15v, 16v, 19v and 21v are common laptop voltages.

Last edited by Áedán; 17th January, 2007 at 12:04 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th January, 2007, 01:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

I have taken a power pac from one laptop and changed the plug to fit another. You need to make sure the voltage and Amps are the same.