AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd March, 2007, 11:46 AM

E6400 Overclocking

Okay fellas, I'm looking to squeeze the most out of this beast.

So far I'm up to 2.5GhZ from 2.1GhZ. However this seems puny compared to other oc's I have seen.

I've been adjusting the FSB. But what do you guys think I should be doing?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd March, 2007, 03:16 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Plenty of fsb plenty of volts (1.4v is fine on good air), what are you cooling it with ?
Watch the temps as you up the speed and be sure to stress it out at each new speed to ensure reliability has it gone unstable beyond that speed ?

Also check ram give that plenty of juice as well (2.1-2.2v is fairly normal)
Old 3rd March, 2007, 05:05 PM

Cheers Keith. I'm on stock cooler atm.....and it's very stable, but I will be changing that for an Arctic Cooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th March, 2007, 06:13 AM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Thats good then the stock cooler is actually quite good and people do get half decent overclocks with it.
With an AC though you should be able to hit 400MHz on the fsb which will give you a 50% overclock (3.2GHz)
FSB is the only way to go with these chips just keep cranking it up until it screams, then push it a little more

If you can hit 400mhz fsb then you'll be able to run your ram insync at its stock speed of 800mhz